Playing for team in another state

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Was just reading Sling's post. Does any/many send their kids to tourneys without mom or dad? One team was interested in dd but when I asked about "just her" traveling to some tourneys (because we are not on perpetual vacation) like meeting a chaperone or other parent there, they were kind of "oh...well....I guess we could figure out something...none of the girls have ever come without a parent"

Oct 18, 2009
Was just reading Sling's post. Does any/many send their kids to tourneys without mom or dad? One team was interested in dd but when I asked about "just her" traveling to some tourneys (because we are not on perpetual vacation) like meeting a chaperone or other parent there, they were kind of "oh...well....I guess we could figure out something...none of the girls have ever come without a parent"

I'm not sure about many. But I know it happens. My DD's friends parents alternate on what tournaments they go to with another players parents to spare vacation time/ hotel and travel costs. almost cutting time and expense in half.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Playing 2 states away is unfathomable to me! She would have to fly to join for tournaments! LOL! Good luck to your DD...should be fun ride that I hope we get to hear about. :)

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
In our area, if you want to play on an elite, competitive team you have to travel because it isn't going to happen here. Most players travel to a neighboring state to play in tournaments (for the same reason as above-3 hours+ away) so many tryout for and join the teams in that area. Or travel to the other side of the state (4 hours away) to tryout for those teams who also play in the next states over. It's what you have to do out here...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles