Playing for 2 different towns and 2 different leagues

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 9, 2023
So I'm fairly new to the sport as well as this group. I have read the other posts about playing on more than one team. My situation for my DDs is a bit unique. My 2DDs only started playing a few years ago and they have both picked up the sport and play very well. I have invested a great deal of time and money into helping them achieve their goals. With that being said my daughters play primarily for a local. privately own league that's not associated with any other ones. They play for the town in which we live in. Now they have been asked after a try out to also play for a parkway league in the town they go to school in. They would only play for the second team when there are no conflicts and that is understood. So different towns different leagues, is that acceptable?

Sep 19, 2018
I don't see why not. My question is how many games / practices. Will it burn them out or possible over use injuries like little league shoulder?

Oct 4, 2018
Just be open and honest with the coaches of both teams. If they are good with it, and you're good with it, and your kids and budget are good with it, sounds great.

Nov 18, 2013
The only issue would be if they’re the same sanctioning body and both plan on going to nationals. It doesn’t sound like that’s the case so you should be good. Just talk to both coaches.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414