Pitching effects hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 23, 2012
When Pitching my DD turns into an average hitter but when playing other positions is a great hitter.
Doesn't matter if it's am/pm or 3rd game of the day. I'm sure it's the mental side associated with being a young athelete.
Wondering if others have similar problem with pitchers?

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
When Pitching my DD turns into an average hitter but when playing other positions is a great hitter.
Doesn't matter if it's am/pm or 3rd game of the day. I'm sure it's the mental side associated with being a young athelete.
Wondering if others have similar problem with pitchers?

Some teams would like nothing better than to 'take out' the other teams pitcher, especially if she is one of the better hitters.

Fear of getting hit by pitch?

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
It happens but it doesn't have to. It depends on the athlete. One of the best from our town was a lights out pitcher, pitched the majority of innings in high school and hit lead off for power on a state championship team. She was always that way since age 12. She is a senior at university of Georgia this year and logged a good number of innings in the circle during the year, hit high in the line up and is a position player.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Whenever my dd is pitching a great game... she feels good about herself and her confidence at the plate sky rockets. However, if shes missing her spots or "blue aint callin my corners!!" as she puts it, her batting suffers.
I read or heard once that one major difference between girls and guys is... girls have to feel good about themselves in order to play good. Whereas guys need to play good in order to feel good about themselves.

Nov 23, 2012
She's 11yrs old
Even when she's pitching good things seem a little off.
Prob just me overthinking things that time and hard work will correct.

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
She's 11yrs old
Even when she's pitching good things seem a little off.
Prob just me overthinking things that time and hard work will correct.

we went through the same thing at 10u? and especially when your daughter is normally such a great hitter? and then when she is pitching a great game and all you want is for her to help herself by hitting a big one to get herself some runs???? and she strikes out???
it will work itself out !!! it's an endurance thing... your daughter is a good pitcher and if she takes a little something off of a pitch? she gives up a big hit to the other team. (and we don't want that) so EVERY SINGLE PITCH your daughter has to push off the mound and give it every ounce of energy she has to throw a great pitch? and then.......she has to do it again,and again and again. so think about it when you strain yourself,all your muscles are a little shaky or unsteady right? it will work itself out. make sure when she is in the dugout she gets off her feet to get some rest between innings.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild