Old school bad father failures...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
When DD1 was a catcher, we were having a problem in our school system with staph infections. I felt it would be a great idea for her to keep some chlorox wipes in her bag to wipe down her gear after games. She kept them in one of those resealable freezer bags. So one weekend as she was heading to a tournament I made sure to toss one into her bag.
Now her mother made sure she had a similar bag of baby wipes for quick cleanups. We all know how nasty catchers can get right?
So during one of those games she gets a nasty scrape sliding into a base. When she gets to the dugout she grabs what she thought was her baby wipes to clean up the wound.
You can probably guess what happened next....

Used to work with a guy who kept a box of baby wipes in the office bathroom for his use. Some joker replaced the baby wipes inside the box with Clorox wipes. Never heard a man howl so loud before in my life.

Jun 11, 2013
Several years ago I was at my mothers house. I had something in my eye and it was annoying me. I decided to get visine out, but didn't have any. She had some
guests over so I decided to look on her shelf. I found a bottle that said eye cleaner and poured some in my eye. It felt like it was on fire. I washed out with water and
looked at the bottle again and realized I missed the word glass after the eye and before cleaner. I am not proud of the sound I let out when I first felt that stuff hit my
eye.

Mar 28, 2013
If it stings when applied it kills the good cells along with the bacteria, If it does not sting it will not harm the good cells and still kill the bacteria. Initially with a dirt packed wound a little sting is most likely necessary but after that, Neosporin will do just fine.

Aug 6, 2013
If it stings when applied it kills the good cells along with the bacteria, If it does not sting it will not harm the good cells and still kill the bacteria. Initially with a dirt packed wound a little sting is most likely necessary but after that, Neosporin will do just fine.

WAIT! You mean to tell me, when I was growing up and my mom would clean my scunned up knee with mercurochrome or alcohol and she would say to me "SHUSH!.. The Burning means it 's working! " she was wrong??

My gosh what else was she wrong about??

Mar 28, 2013
Your mom was right! It was working, Just with a little collateral damage.:eek: Moms are ALWAYS right

WAIT! You mean to tell me, when I was growing up and my mom would clean my scunned up knee with mercurochrome or alcohol and she would say to me "SHUSH!.. The Burning means it 's working! " she was wrong??

My gosh what else was she wrong about??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00