No numbers?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Obnoxious attitude behind the fence has to be a primary reason scouts are now traveling again. I mean, don't get me wrong, I realize the game is easier watched live. But the availability of games is far greater via stream. But the one piece you often miss is how Little Betty's parent acts when things go bad. Just a side thought...not trying to hijack the thread.

Sep 3, 2015
Obnoxious attitude behind the fence has to be a primary reason scouts are now traveling again. I mean, don't get me wrong, I realize the game is easier watched live. But the availability of games is far greater via stream. But the one piece you often miss is how Little Betty's parent acts when things go bad. Just a side thought...not trying to hijack the thread.

Watching a game stream is rough, and if you are a college coach how do you ever see the outfielders or corners play defense?

I would choose to listen to the GC robot than watch a stream, unless someone is calling the game.

And my DD is a pitcher, easiest player to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 11, 2016
I will admit that at a tournament awhile back we were the team with jersey number issues. It was a USSSA tournament and we had a couple fill ins. HC said he had some extra jerseys to supply the fill ins with. Great. Turns out they ended up being duplicate numbers. The only saving grace was that they were a sleeved style while the rest of the girls were using the sleeveless that tournament. So he wrote 7 (t-shirt) and 7 (tanktop) on the lineup card. That seemed to appease the umpires and other teams. We tried cloth and electrical tape to make 17 or whatever. Just wouldn’t work. HC wasn’t trying to do anything shifty….he just didn’t think about it.

Safe to say I made sure I was in charge of jerseys for fill ins after that.

Happened to us a few times, the other team has duplicate jersey numbers. We just say #7 Red Helmet #7 Black Helmet, and everyone is happy.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414