New Softball Mom here

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Just to be clear, I'm not the obnoxious and rude one from MN. Well, not the obnoxious and rude one that blasts Georgia anyway.

Go Vipers, Impact, Force and Bullets!

DD tried out for the Bullets! Didn't make it. That's the guy I referred to in my post in the Technical Hitting sub who said she had "a baseball swing." Most of the folks on the sub seem to disagree with that, so maybe he's not quite the guru he made himself out to be! LOL.

Sep 18, 2011
DD tried out for the Bullets! Didn't make it. That's the guy I referred to in my post in the Technical Hitting sub who said she had "a baseball swing." Most of the folks on the sub seem to disagree with that, so maybe he's not quite the guru he made himself out to be! LOL.

Hitting guru from Georgia??!!! Now THAT is funny. Hilarious in fact. Georgians might know a little something about hitting the bottle, but they CERTAINLY don't know a thing about hitting a softball. What your dd needs is to be properly evaluated by a MINNESOTA instructor.

I'll stop now. :) Just my little initiation ritual. Again - welcome!!

Jun 12, 2015
Georgian here too. My daughter's on the Force this year, 10U. :) I think we've got a couple of ex-Bullets on our team. No Vipers that I'm aware of though. We considered trying out for both of those but honestly, I knew from 5 minutes into the first workout we went to with the Force that was where we wanted to be. They had earlier tryouts than the others and when she made the team we stopped looking. We've only just begun but so far we (all of us, including the kid ;)) couldn't be happier.

Living in the south (I'm a native) you get used to being the butt of jokes. It doesn't much phase me, most of the time.

Nov 18, 2013

I don't know the first thing about hitting so couldn't tell either way. The coaches DD had were fanatstic. All of the players and families we've met from Georgia have been super nice.

Nov 18, 2013
Hitting guru from Georgia??!!! Now THAT is funny. Hilarious in fact. Georgians might know a little something about hitting the bottle, but they CERTAINLY don't know a thing about hitting a softball. What your dd needs is to be properly evaluated by a MINNESOTA instructor.

You made me spit out my pop all over my desk!

Oct 13, 2014
Metro ATL

Ba ha ha ha - that was pretty darn funny.

For what it is worth - I just found my DD a fantastic hitting instructor - north side of town (we see her in the Buford area). Great credentials and I'd be happy to pass on her information if you are interested. Just send me a PM.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Can't wait until the annual DFP BBQ this year.
200.gif

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
LOL! Didn't notice.

I'll be sure to read up in the technical hitting section. Sounds like juicy reading. Much more exciting than grading papers (which is what I'm supposed to be doing right now).

ETA: Now, if you rag on Alabama football, I'll have a bone to pick. :p

Nobody can rag on Alabama Football. Best players money can buy right there. :)

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA

I'll consider myself initiated! ;)

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Georgian here too. My daughter's on the Force this year, 10U. :) I think we've got a couple of ex-Bullets on our team. No Vipers that I'm aware of though. We considered trying out for both of those but honestly, I knew from 5 minutes into the first workout we went to with the Force that was where we wanted to be. They had earlier tryouts than the others and when she made the team we stopped looking. We've only just begun but so far we (all of us, including the kid ;)) couldn't be happier.

Living in the south (I'm a native) you get used to being the butt of jokes. It doesn't much phase me, most of the time.

Congrats on the Force! We briefly considered trying out for 12U, but Coach said they'd be playing an all A schedule, and I'm not sure DD is quite ready for that yet. Maybe next year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd