Softball mom in Il

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2018
What is your budget? Is she right handed or left handed? What is her current glove? Does she have team colors she would want to match?

Apr 28, 2024
Hello all ya'll

I have a 14yr old (red and some travel ball) pitcher who desperately needs a new glove but LOVES her old glove. I'm looking for as much information as possible to buy the right glove for her
she is righthanded, currently has a Rawlings that is at least 15yrs old- her sister used it in high school and she is almost 30! I attached photos of what she has. I couldn't even tell you what model. She has larger hands and long fingers and when we have tried on some gloves, she can barely even get her hand inside them. We either need to pay for break-in service or get something that will break in somewhat easily. We aren't looking for specific colors as we don't know what team(s) she will be on in the future. I know a LOT of places online recommends a 12in for pitchers, but she would like to have a 12 1/2 at least. She does fill in at first and sometimes play some outfield. I'm not worried about cost as much as something she will like. The whole reason she started using her sister's old glove was she wasn't in love with her first glove.

Attachments

• Riley Glove 1.jpg
    Riley Glove 1.jpg
    478.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Riley Glove 2.jpg
    Riley Glove 2.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Riley Glove 3.jpg
    Riley Glove 3.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 11
Sep 19, 2018
You have a couple of options.
You can relace her current glove. You’d be surprised how much new life it can bring a glove.

If you need the glove soon, that rules out top end gloves. They will be too stiff.

Both Rawlings Liberty advanced and Wilson A1000 will break in quickly and have options in the 12.5 size. Have her pick out the one she likes best. Don’t rule out 12.25. That is plenty big for wherever she plays.

Jan 22, 2011
Both Rawlings Liberty advanced and Wilson A1000 will break in quickly and have options in the 12.5 size. Have her pick out the one she likes best. Don’t rule out 12.25. That is plenty big for wherever she plays.
I second that both these gloves are good options. I'd probably lean toward the Wilson A1000 as it breaks in somewhat faster, but my DD's last two gloves were Liberty Advances and she loved them.

Oct 13, 2017
That old Rawlings looks to be in fairly good shape. If the inside lining is still good I would get it relaced. Many times the lining is the first to go bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 28, 2024
That old Rawlings looks to be in fairly good shape. If the inside lining is still good I would get it relaced. Many times the lining is the first to go bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
already been relaced- if you look closely- which may not show well in the picture, but the back of the hand has leather that is worn out and is literally about to fall apart.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC