New PC - Advice and Sympathy Needed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2013
Thanks Board Member for the input. I think I'm still a little confused. I was under the impression that either one was not natural -#1. to propel the ball with this forced movement OR #2. to force the arm into this position unnaturally after the pitch.

I assumed that certain pitches she would learn in the future probably would end up having a follow through that resembled a HE ending at times just as the natural result of the different motion. Like possibly the peel drop when they are trying to get as much spin on the ball or maybe the rise?? Whenever I watch videos I try to figure out what they might be throwing and watch where their follow-throughs (I admit I am terrible at this) but I notice a variety of endings from very successful pitchers and I assumed that was potentially what I would see in my own daughter as she develops her own style and tries new pitches.

I like what you said about not assuming their intent though just because they are saying something like "hand up near your shoulder" it just definitely set off a warning light in my head when I heard it. I was mainly concerned that I felt like she was asking her on Wednesday night to alter the natural follow-through that we have been encouraging her to stop trying to force in another direction.

Jul 14, 2008
Class.......My point is.......You just might find out that that little term used by the coach results in an even "more relaxed" motion for DD........IOW........It's JUST as potentially harmful to teach NOT to allow the arm to finish up for SOME pitchers.........

See Scarborough for example........

Just don't throw the baby out with the bath water because of it.........Wait and see how it affects DD........

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors