"Nerf" type softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
We use the Lite Flite balls in the basement for hitting. We don't have a cage down there, as the balls are soft not to break anything. We use them on our home made computerized 3 wheel pitching machine. It's pretty rough, but gets the job done. Not shown in the video, we use a projector to align the pitchers hand with the pitching machine. I use softball videos for the girls and baseball video for the boy.

3 Wheel Pitching Machine - Computer controlled - YouTube
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GZfnjGRQCbg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2U7GiK5hv-0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2013
Texas
Use caution when throwing liteflites in the house. Last year my daughter was pitching one down the hallway to me. They tend to have a lot of movement and on one of the pitches curved into the wall and ricocheted off the closet door trim. I was not using a glove and I was catching bare handed. It then veered in between my legs, past my two hands and hit me directly on my......well you know. I crumbled off my short stepping stool, went into the fetal position whining in a very high pitch. Just use caution, that's the point here. ;)

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
these look promising. DD2 is trying to move her pitching practice into the basement now that it's cold and practicing with wiffle balls is totally messing her up. What size are these? are they equivalent to an 11" ball?

I think that they are 12 inch balls - I can check when I get home and let you know...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand