NCAA correct motion?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
Well after all the input, we are going to stick with the 45 deg to f l, and increasing the push, to create the whip, in a few days we'll see where we are.

Be interesting starting Thursday i guess ,to see how many straight ahead toes are left in NCAA, if any.

With all due respect have to root for OK after what's happened there.

Dec 20, 2012
Sluggers, I don't know anything about the studies you mention regarding moving objects. But, I can tell you that my DD's coach is a male pitcher. And he firmly believes that with the amount of male fastpitch players entering the college game (he can rattle off a dozen or more who are now D1 coaches at powerhouse schools), the game is changing. Look at how the girl pitchers are trying to "hide the ball" more and more. The male version of pitching is taking over the female game and the hitting is slowly following. Just watch an Oregon game sometime and listen to Mike White yelling out pitches to his hitters as he "picks the pitcher" from 3rd base box. The male players are teaching how to read pitchers and this is changing the game, just as the pitchers have changed how the girls are delivering their pitches.

CG

Coach White does yell the pitches from 3rd but neither Hawkins or Moore hide the ball in their windup. Moore didn't hide, then hid, now back to not hiding. So that is an elite male pitcher that had players that do not go the way on the men.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
I have been challenged by one of the instructors here, that some of these girls are soooooooooo big, they don't need a by pass, straight out of the glove, maybe younger ones that don't have the giddyup, and are not as tall and strong,would benefit from the by pass.. and one says that the long am throw, is just a straight high hard fast ball not a rise ball, seems logical

They are ones you might trust your kids with, both have produced state high school pitchers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oconnell.patrick