My random thoughts on PGF Nationals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
The thing I noticed was there were a lot less run rule wins in PGF than ASA. I think that speaks volumes to the quality of the teams that are at PGF.

Teams seem much more evenly matched at PGF. 16U ASA Nationals had 185 teams and there were a bunch that made one wonder "how did this team qualify?"

Nov 18, 2013
Yes, and I think they have a catcher from MN too.

Correct, both were on 29Dad's team. GA Force Pealor and EC Bullets Schnute each had a MN kid too. All four were former Renegades. (different teams though)

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
JAD yall played ASA and PGF was the competition at PGF that much better? I would think it is but just curious as to what you thought. We finished 4-2 tied for 17th with you guys. I hated to miss it this year but #10 had a really good week so I'm happy for her.

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
Correct, both were on 29Dad's team. GA Force Pealor and EC Bullets Schnute each had a MN kid too. All four were former Renegades. (different teams though)
That's definitely dedicated to travel ball if your that far away from home. Sounds like 29Dad could have used those girls to win the whole thing.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
JAD yall played ASA and PGF was the competition at PGF that much better? I would think it is but just curious as to what you thought. We finished 4-2 tied for 17th with you guys. I hated to miss it this year but #10 had a really good week so I'm happy for her.

The competition was much better at PGF. The top 10 at ASA could play with some of the PGF teams.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
Teams seem much more evenly matched at PGF. 16U ASA Nationals had 185 teams and there were a bunch that made one wonder "how did this team qualify?"

Because local commissioners can hand out "at large berths" which usually goes to whoever can afford to travel and represent their town. No tourney win needed.

Nov 18, 2013
Because local commissioners can hand out "at large berths" which usually goes to whoever can afford to travel and represent their town. No tourney win needed.

PGF does the same thing, although not to the extreme of ASA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simonet