more video to analyze

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
OK we have been working on the bat drag specificlly- off the tee she conquers the bat drag, at the expense of a choppy swing, & here is a link to a front toss- I think the bat drag is better than before , but still there- comments, or ideas??

YouTube - LL Bat Drag

R

RayR

Still the same barrel action.

Try sticking the ladder behind her and see if she can swing without the bat hitting it. Actually, maybe that isn't such a good idea, but maybe you can come up with something to give her some feedback.

And toss lower.

May 12, 2008
Yes she has arm and bat problems/connection problems. And rotation problems. How about she start the whole thing from a reasonably athletic position perhaps something like the clip I linked? Then let's see what the rest of it looks like.

Aug 2, 2008
The video runs very fast, hard to really see much. You can have her stand perpendicular to a wall with her left foot touching the corner where the wall hits the floor. Start slowly. Have her swing, if she drops the barrel to start the swing (shoves her rear elbow ahead of her hands) the barrel will come in contact with the wall, (which is why she starts slowly). Make sure she doesn't lunge to keep from hitting the wall. This might give her an idea what it is supposed to feel like. Above all don't get discouraged, its a hard habit to break, but important that she does.

Aug 2, 2008
I agree with Mark about the connection and rotation problems. Englishbey's first video is a must have IMO, very helpful. The good stuff, she seems to have good hand eye coordination, and as someone has already stated has intent to hit the ball hard. A few minor corrections and she will be dangerous.

Nov 29, 2009
OK we have been working on the bat drag specificlly- off the tee she conquers the bat drag, at the expense of a choppy swing, & here is a link to a front toss- I think the bat drag is better than before , but still there- comments, or ideas??

YouTube - LL Bat Drag

I personally think you have made some great strides in the right direction. I see things getting a lot better in a real hurry. Not perfect but tremedous improvement. Keep working like that and a lot of good things will happen. Here is a good free video with Candreia. Pay attention to Toria flowers lower half and I think you can make even more improvement in a hurry.Sportskool

Sep 10, 2009

YouTube - LL Bat Drag

Her timing seems a bit off, sort of highlighting problems. The abrupt choppy start. Rotation doenst look like hips are leading the way. Fallow through kind of looks like the upper body was controlling the swing. The core didnt really accelerate into contact.

Looks like she triggers the swing by dropping the bat head. There is a lot of good stuff in this thread but if you have to choose one thing to work on i'd pretty much forget about the arms and elbows and get hips firing to start the swing. Get to the core of the matter so to speak. Like Mark suggested I would start with heel plant.

Carl

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619