more video to analyze

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
I REALLY appreciate the help folks & we intend to work later & try to incorporate some of the suggestions - especially to fix the bat drag/ poor start. a link to the pujols video would sure be appreciated.

R

RayR

JC,

If you want the uncomplicated version - tell her she is NOT allowed to drop the bat head behind her before her hands move forward.

I included three stills from her video.

1. Where she starts
2. She starts dropping the bat head (this position is probably on plane with the ball)
3. Where she drops the bat head to before the hands move forward.

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
OK- we worked on bat lag with no improvement for maybe 20 minutes-I have high hopes that the advice mts just posted might make all the difference to her. she knows now what she is doing, but cant seem to get a handle on fixing it.

Nov 29, 2009
bat drag is really easy to accomplish if she gets in the right position with the bat the hinge angle or the cocking of the bat as Guinn describes it is key to getting the proper bat drag that everyone wants. She needs to maintain that hinge angle or cocked bat untill she gets around the corner or another way to describe is to maintain the cocked bat untill knob pinting toward the pitcher and the head of the bat pointing toward the catcher.Bonds at bat

R

RayR

bat drag is really easy to accomplish if she gets in the right position with the bat the hinge angle or the cocking of the bat as Guinn describes it is key to getting the proper bat drag that everyone wants. She needs to maintain that hinge angle or cocked bat untill she gets around the corner or another way to describe is to maintain the cocked bat untill knob pinting toward the pitcher and the head of the bat pointing toward the catcher.Bonds at bat

I think you mean bat LAG, not drag.

Bucketpapi

Banned
May 28, 2008
JC,

If you want the uncomplicated version - tell her she is NOT allowed to drop the bat head behind her before her hands move forward.

I included three stills from her video.

1. Where she starts
2. She starts dropping the bat head (this position is probably on plane with the ball)
3. Where she drops the bat head to before the hands move forward.

IMO the third still in this post should look more like this.
We call this the fire position. It's the position in the swing where you hit or check.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
The link to the Pujols clip is located in the "Radial Deviation" thread post #23. Focus on frames 9, 10 & 11.

Tom G., does a really good job of explaining anatomically how to do what he is doing in those three frames. But, if you're like me, you will have to duplicate the movement yourself first, before the anatomical stuff sinks in and makes sense.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez