mirror mirror on the wall

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dizco

Banned
Nov 22, 2014
StarBucks Manager
How many of you use mirrors. I thought they were just another gimmick but I have recently found that they work really good for doing drills properly. Wow does this help.

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
DD uses a mirror for both pitching and practicing her set up for hitting. I can tell her til I'm blue in the face what she is doing but she can't deny what she sees in the mirror.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
DD uses a mirror for both pitching and practicing her set up for hitting. I can tell her til I'm blue in the face what she is doing but she can't deny what she sees in the mirror.
Same here.
Hillhouse has a drill that requires a sticker on the outside edge of the pitching shoulder. The pitcher will practice walk throughs with a nerf ball or no ball at all in front of a mirror. The point is to keep the sticker hidden between toe touch and release. This will help her to see herself if she's got a mechanical issue in getting open.

I've been utilizing mirrors for many years. I explain to the parents what to look for assign homework and tell my students they have to do a certain amount of good drills as many times a week that they can. All my parents have said this type of training has been very beneficial to their daughter's development.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Mine breaks all the time. I am buying a full length flimsy one and it always breaks. Where are you buying yours?

Amy, although you may have said this tongue in cheek (I can't tell) they make mirrors in stainless steel and in plexi-glass but both are more expensive than the regular glass ones if you are truly worried about breakage.

Oct 22, 2009
Amy, although you may have said this tongue in cheek (I can't tell) they make mirrors in stainless steel and in plexi-glass but both are more expensive than the regular glass ones if you are truly worried about breakage.

Or you can deck out your room like a field and install chain link in front of the mirror.:rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish