Miken Freak Black - ??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Miken also makes 24 and 25oz slowpitch bats right now. Psycho Max ASA and USSSA comes in 25oz, Freak52 Max comes in 25oz.
The Freak12 (usssa bat) comes in 24 and 25oz. The Filby (usssa) comes in 25.5oz.

So a lot of choices out there

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
I bought DD a 32/22 Freak Black despite objection by DDs hitting coach. (Story from another post). So far she's only used it in practice and doing some Tee work in the cage but she absolutely loves it.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I went ahead got my DD this bat a couple of weeks ago, since the price was right. I felt as though it was time for her to graduate to a 33" bat, but didn't want to go all in on an LXT (current weapon of choice). She has been using the MFB for batting practice and using her LXT during games. To me the LXT feels like butter when the ball flies off the bat. While hitting IF/OF the MFB is harder to control and just feels stiff. Although I have hit a few over the fence not on purpose and DD can swing it pretty good during BP, but not as far. She's not ready and the bat's not broken in yet for game time. I will say that she has started to hit the ball more solidly. Maybe it's the strength and conditioning at school for BB that's helping. I saw one other MFB this past weekend on another team. I gave her the (I know your secret) nod. LOL.

Aug 20, 2013
This thread sparked my interest in seeing how the MFB compared to other top bats. Lately, I've been on a rampage finding deals on bats that DD could try out. She's been using cf5 Insane, cf6 insane, 32/22 lxt, 32/23 lxt, & 2015 2legit recently. She's had good success with each bat and I've found that most of them have pretty similar pop. Well, just got rid of some bats only to find a 2016 MFB used with receipt and return for $100. Interested to see how it stacks up against the others!

May 7, 2013
Seymour, In
We love this bat. To bad this happened Thursday during batting practice. She is missing it today during our last tourney of the season. Had to bring out the old cf6 to close the year.
busted_freak_black.jpg

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I continue to be impressed by the pop of the MFB in the hands of my 10yo DD. It's a winner, in my book.

Aug 20, 2013
This thread sparked my interest in seeing how the MFB compared to other top bats. Lately, I've been on a rampage finding deals on bats that DD could try out. She's been using cf5 Insane, cf6 insane, 32/22 lxt, 32/23 lxt, & 2015 2legit recently. She's had good success with each bat and I've found that most of them have pretty similar pop. Well, just got rid of some bats only to find a 2016 MFB used with receipt and return for $100. Interested to see how it stacks up against the others!

Just to follow up. DD finally got a chance ro swing the MFB in live games this weekend. She hit a couple real nice shots qith it and said she likes it better than her 2 Legit and CF6 Insane that are currently in her bag. Imo, it performs every bit as good as the 2 Legit, Insane, & LXT.

moe

Aug 14, 2013
Our initial read is that it is a good bat. We have the 34/24, but I tell, you, it is not as hot as our '14 34/25 LXT with thousands of swings on it. I expect it to open up, and it is slowly. Have high hopes for it.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Def tale of two bats there. You have a drop 9 with a million swings on it to a very balanced drop 10 with way less swings.
The 34/24 FB might not be a weight they like compared to your LXT 9 which could weigh into the outcome

Def tale of two bats there. You have a drop 9 with a million swings on it to a very balanced drop 10 with way less swings.
The 34/24 FB might not be a weight they like compared to your LXT 9 which could weigh into the outcome

my dd has been using a drop 9 xeno for over a year. she tried the freak black and said it felt entirely too light. she pulled a ton of balls way foul using this bat. both bats are 32"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877