Mask Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
Wonder how this coach would feel, when he has his corners play way up because he thinks the batter is going to bunt. Then the batter rips the ball into the face of that girl charging in?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I certainly understand your concern with challenging the coach. With some coaches I have seen such conversations end with the boy or girl sitting on the bench for extended periods of time. However, I have never seen any studies justifying his opinion. I can also tell you that "studies prove it" is a common quote that a local coach has used for years to sell his stories. Some parents have learned that it is nothing but BS and have asked him to back up his claims. He never does. Now his favorite quote is "I was speaking with a D1 coach and he told me that....". Again, when challenged has no other proof to back it up and typically can't even remember the name of the "D1 coach" he was speaking with. :) BS is BS...

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Tell this moron to sign a form stating he will pay for all damages and pain that might be caused by not wearing a mask and taking a ball in the face. Oh, he wont do that either. But he has no problem telling people stupid things trying to act like some tough guy. I would love to volunteer to shoot a couple balls back up the box or at third base at him with no mask.

I tell you, the garbage said by people with no clue amazes me. This is about child safety and coaches should care about that.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2013
I have seen few players take one in their mask, it hurts. Not a desired result.

DD says the mask helps her lineup pitching, who knows.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2010
Softball players should ‘toughen up’

Stacey Nuveman, San Diego State University assistant softball coach, offended some viewers when she said on national TV that her players should “toughen up” instead of wearing batting face masks.

Also an ESPN commentator, Nuveman made her comment during the Kentucky vs. California Super Regional game on Sunday, May 29.

“I don’t like (face masks). I think they’re cumbersome. I tell my (SDSU) girls who wear them, ‘come on, toughen up’.”

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors