Lower Half Gifs for Perfect Circle

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
PC, IMO it really isn't so much of a teachable move. I think it becomes part of the swing, when you have really turned the corner. My dd has worked on her swing for over 4 years and at the beginning of this journey, the foot didn't come off the ground, up on her toes somewhat, now her foot comes off the ground and forward on to her toes. It just became part of her swing. You can try to teach and I'm sure you will, but I still think it is just a part of the puzzle, that falls into place because of other parts of the swing when done right. Then again I could be wrong and I'm sure I will be told how wrong;)

I see what your saying... you got to what I'm worried about... her turning an ankle. I had to nurse one of those when I tried my magic carpet. A pitching pad that I made out of just carpet that moved. It was really good at self correction...it would wrinkle up when see drug her toe. She had to go back and straighten it everytime... no drag no wrinkle. But when I tried to stretched her out another 4", first time it slipped and she turned the angle...My bad.... when it happened, It came to me that someone tried to tell me that on here.

I see that with 4 years, your DD was building the strength also in the ankles properly... I know that wouldn't come from just an adjustment, I'd make one day...

I know there is alot wrong with this, only trying to show what was wrong with my idea... I'm also thankful to Chaz telling me about the Knee Pads this week too. Thanks

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Utley_lower.gif

Trumbo_lower.gif

Hardy_lower.gif

Showed DD this, and she went right to work on it with leftover wrapping paper cores.. THX!!!

EP:

Ok just gotta give you one of my stupid stories...We were fighting with wrapping paper cores, kinda sword,ninja,(mom not home) I was really taking it to her. She was just about ready to cry from the frustration of me just overwhelming her bad....behind the back ect.. Then I say to her "batting skills" her eyes light up...she goes into her stance, and holding her elbow as a pointer, and blocker...She seen how effective she was to tap into memorized motions... of course I starting yielding, but she really beat the crap out of me... kinda scary. She threw in check swings for fakes, and mixed up high and low swings. I think it really connected that she has been learning self defense all along. She was exasperating the points of emphasis that we were working on... she was Empowered... after the match, I called her over to watch your clips, and she reached back and pulled up a chair,(first time) and started contrasting the small differences in the three batters you posted, on her own...she spent more time than ever watching. Over and over, and commenting all on her own. If fastpitch don't work out, she has a great future in Law Enforcement ! LOL

I took her cleats, and made her a .gif of just the cleats in a model swing... I propped them to be where the should be in the milestones, on a table... She helped. then we took a still... then I put them all together. She got really involved in the propping... we were using everything in the house... It didn't turn out good enough to post...Yet... but she really got hands on... "starting from bottom up" kinda dancing shoes. I just gotta get my background (greenscreen) out, and I think its cool to just isolate the feet. I jumped a head with the concept to make the avatar. I just had her pose at all the points, and shot a still, then made a .gif... I used 16 frames... too many for avatar.... YET

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1