Louisville Slugger Sold ...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
My assumption would be just like when Jarden bought Miken and Worth...owned by the same company but ran as 2 different.
Same as Bauer buying Easton...Combat and Easton are still different companies

But the sale is definitely TRUE!!!

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The sale wont even be complete until summer it says...doubt firings have occured already.

If they are run separately, the only people that could be changed are the sales district reps and some of the very high up guys. I know when Jarden bought Worth, my Worth rep was done and I got a rawlings one that knew nothing about bats and does jack sh!t for us except collect his percentage on our purchases he has nothing to do with. Meanwhile other district reps seem to do so much more for their accounts...not that I'm still bitter or anything :)

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Under the terms of the deal, H&B will become Wilson’s exclusive manufacturing partner for wood bats, manufacturing all Louisville Slugger-branded MLB, Minor League Baseball, amateur player and souvenir wood bats for Wilson, according to a joint news release from the two companies. - Louisville Business First

It sounds like the deal was limited to dead tree products only. Regardless it appears that it was branding deal not an acquisition.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Thats what I mean...just because somebody buys, doesnt mean things will run any different. Just means the profits go to somebody else :)

Yeah...Jarden is HUGE

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zwhickcar