Lafayette ... any comments on their hitter's mechanics?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS

At TJ - I never really understood what you were getting at with this comment -but for some reason I still think about - saw this on twitter today - is this along the lines of what you are getting at (albeit in an exaggerated way)

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Very subtle high level pre rep lower body feels... <a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 't.co', '/rLVgds3RtI']);" href="https://t.co/rLVgds3RtI">pic.twitter.com/rLVgds3RtI</a></p>— Cesare Angeloni (@ChezWhizzz) <a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'twitter.com', '/ChezWhizzz/status/738605409036947456']);" href="https://twitter.com/ChezWhizzz/status/738605409036947456">June 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/QUOTE]

I looked at that clip again Bullet. Although it is just a localized movement He is working on and is an independent movement non inclusive of the rest of the body, I suppose in a stretch that could be viewed what i was pointing out earlier. He is working on a feel, but IMO part of the feel is the resistance felt across the pelvis between the hips when the movement is created. There is NO resistance in His movement. There is only an independent movement of the front leg and hip that releases all resistance. BUT, there may be merit in teaching that movement if one can incorporate it into the full swing without giving up the resistance.

Last edited:
May 4, 2012
At TJ - I never really understood what you were getting at with this comment -but for some reason I still think about - saw this on twitter today - is this along the lines of what you are getting at (albeit in an exaggerated way)

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Very subtle high level pre rep lower body feels... <a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 't.co', '/rLVgds3RtI']);_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 't.co', '/rLVgds3RtI']);" href="https://t.co/rLVgds3RtI">pic.twitter.com/rLVgds3RtI</a></p>— Cesare Angeloni (@ChezWhizzz) <a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'twitter.com', '/ChezWhizzz/status/738605409036947456']);_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'twitter.com', '/ChezWhizzz/status/738605409036947456']);" href="https://twitter.com/ChezWhizzz/status/738605409036947456">June 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I looked at that clip again Bullet. Although it is just a localized movement He is working on and is an independent movement non inclusive of the rest of the body, I suppose in a stretch that could be viewed what i was pointing out earlier. He is working on a feel, but IMO part of the feel is the resistance felt across the pelvis between the hips when the movement is created. There is NO resistance in His movement. There is only an independent movement of the front leg and hip that releases all resistance. BUT, there may be merit in teaching that movement if one can incorporate it into the full swing without giving up the resistance.[/QUOTE]

so in other words, try what he is doing WHILE rear leg is externally rotated in rear hip?

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Stanton BP:
Stanton_BP_1.gif
Stanton_BP_2.gif

Last edited:
May 4, 2012
Stanton BP:
Stanton_BP_1.gif
Stanton_BP_2.gif

Whats the point you're trying to make? Life's short, throw it out there. a) He IR's the rear leg before he swings. Then b) he ERs the rear bc the hip is coming around the leg (until it cant) - see front front hip turn in (toward your monitor), which is attached to pelvic girdle, which is attached to rear hip. You can literally er one of 2 ways - either 1) turn your rear leg outwards or 2) turn your pelvis inwards (around the rear leg) right?

btw - in this swing I do NOT see what TJ is alluding regarding front side - ie the extra front hip stretch

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Very subtle high level pre rep lower body feels... <a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 't.co', '/rLVgds3RtI']);_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 't.co', '/rLVgds3RtI']);" href="https://t.co/rLVgds3RtI">pic.twitter.com/rLVgds3RtI</a></p>— Cesare Angeloni (@ChezWhizzz) <a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'twitter.com', '/ChezWhizzz/status/738605409036947456']);_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'twitter.com', '/ChezWhizzz/status/738605409036947456']);" href="https://twitter.com/ChezWhizzz/status/738605409036947456">June 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Whats the point you're trying to make? Life's short
Yes it is...I just posted Stanton as a similar example as the 'Tweet' video. Honestly didn't read the discussion. I just like the pretty videos/gif'pictures:eek:
Maybe Stanton is 'reminding' himself & his rear leg about what he wants his rear leg to do during the swing.
Stanton_BP_1.gif
Stanton_BP_2.gif

May 4, 2012
Yes it is...I just posted Stanton as a similar example as the 'Tweet' video. Honestly didn't read the discussion. I just like the pretty videos/gif'pictures:eek:
Maybe Stanton is 'reminding' himself & his rear leg about what he wants his rear leg to do during the swing.
Stanton_BP_1.gif
Stanton_BP_2.gif

agreed. how it happens is the key imho

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gmc7283