Its about time for a Friday Check in 10/2

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
One very muddy rec Fall Ball game...
6457fc16d884d2a2c77391b40f88213b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
DD's team got lucky and was able to play 3 games Sun. in Quakertown Pa. DD stunk as usual:p Team won 2 and lost 1.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Weather was OK in Wisconsin this weekend, or so I've been told.

Before this weekend DD3 had umped only one baseball game. This weekend she umped 3 more 10U Little League games.
She says baseball is boring compared to softball, but the parents were all very supportive of her and told her she did a good job. Makes me wonder if baseball parents are nice, or is she just seeing the famous Midwestern Nice. I have seen umps in Wisconsin yelled at by fans in softball games, but maybe the LL parents know the umps are just kids, and take that into consideration. She said today's game was cold.
Meanwhile DS won a varsity level rowing race (mens' lightweight 4+ for the few rowers on DFP). Last year he got a couple of gold medals in Novice (freshman) events at the same small race. This year his first Varsity gold. Small race, but they are a D3 school and beat at least one D1 school.

Next weekend I get to visit Wisconsin for the first time since late July. I hope the weather is nice.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
No tournament play but DD is wiped out like she played in one. 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. skills video session; 3 p.m. - 6 p.m. team practice

Sunburned and wiped out. HS fall ball game tomorrow night.

Weather is gorgeous though...Highs in low 80s, lows in high 50s, blue skies.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
The Carolina Classic was doomed. Glad we stayed home and did not go up anyway to see DD and pick up the dog. With all the damage have to wonder if they will reschedule. Photo below is about 1 mile from her apartment. Being a Florida kid and veteran of numerous hurricanes she knew what to stock up on and was prepared. Now she is just bored and tired of sitting around.

No_SC-Softball.jpg

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
We are being hit with flood waters hard also. I live about 30 miles north of Charleston on the Cooper River. I am about to venture out for a jog and leave my house at any distance for the first time in 2 days. We have had 18" of water and the river is about 1/4 mile from my house normally but is now about 100 yards away. Fortunately I am on of 1 of 2 of the highest pieces of properties in our neighborhood.

Tell her to be patient and if possible always help a neighbor in need. That has helped me pass the boredom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish