Its about time for a Friday Check in 10/2

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
big friendly this weekend. It will be DDs first OFFICIAL 14U start as an actual 14U player. She got sick last weekend and missed the first opportunity. And who does she get to start against? A Socal As team that won PGF as a 12U team and placed 5th last season as a first year team in 14s. I got a great tip that the full game of Tincher no hitting team USA is up on youtube, so I will be having her watch that Sat night for inspiration. But she will be wearing a mask just in case.

Oct 2, 2012
on the Field
My DDs regular TB team is off this weekend, so we are planning on picking up with another 12U team to play in one of these USA Elite Select national qualifiers. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow so it will be interesting to see if we get it in. There are some very good teams playing this weekend so it will be good to see them play.

Jun 12, 2015
Ditto to the rain in the SE - second weekend in a row. :mad:
We got to play last Sunday fortunately, kind of last minute. A tournament got rained out Saturday and moved to Sunday and we jumped in. This weekend was a big one though. So disappointing. Someone needs to invent some sort of rain shield that can somehow magically cover the field without affecting the ball. Lol

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
No tournament/showcase this weekend...too bad because it is absolutely gorgeous!! One of the tournaments got dropped this month, and it happened to be DD's homecoming weekend. So shopping for homecoming dress has become a priority since this is only free weekend before that weekend. TB practice Sunday and Fall ball game Monday night.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Freshman football game tomorrow for my son. No softball for my daughter - she is actually going to come to her brother's football game! Shocker! I think she's starting to feel nostalgic. She's a senior and the college application process has her thinking about when she will be leaving home. DD has two high school softball games next week, and then that's it! I can't believe it. DD isn't playing in college so next week is truly it (unless she follow's China's daughter's footsteps and plays club - a possibility).

Dec 27, 2014
Just a soccer game on Saturday for DD. Fall ball ended last week so no games until next spring. Even DW thought it felt weird. :)

DD is having the team over for a season ending movie night on Saturday and then bucket time with me on Sunday.
IMG_0254.jpg

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
DD #3's new TB team is off for the fall. Since her old team is practicing in the fall, she didn't sign up for fall ball. She thought she would be on her old team, and they would play some tourneys, so no softball at all except pitching practice in the yard. She sent me a great video of her practice.
She did sign up to be a Little League umpire. Before today only 1 game so far, 10U LL baseball. Today she umps 2 10U LL BB games in a row, and another one Sunday. For the one game she umped, the parents of the kids were really nice to her, and encouraged her to keep on being an ump. For readers in blue, that may be a shock to have kids' parents be nice to the ump.
The C for her new team used to catch her on another team, so they are trying to get together and meet DD 3's PC on Sunday.

DDs 1,2 and 3 are all going to the homecoming football game for the local HS. DD #2 will go to the dance with her female friends tomorrow, and DD #1 will go with some boy I have never met, and, with me being 1000 miles away, I don't get the chance to put the fear of Bob into him before the dance. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

DS is rowing at a small race in DePere, WI. He got 2 golds last year as a Novice (Freshman) rower. Now he is on the JV boat, so probably no medals this year.

As for me, I am in NYC where it will rain, rain, rain and more rain.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish