Is this what Pitt softball wants to be known for?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2011
Yes, a lesson from Candrea on class and how to conduct yourself on the softball field. There once was a time when players were not disrespectful to their coaches. I'm hoping that day is not gone with this new crop of young coaches.

I would think that if Coach Torina thought players wearing horse heads during interviews was disrespectful to her, she'd nip it in the bud. Conversely, the fact that such actions happen equate to tacit approval, if not downright encouragement, by the coaching staff.

Don't like the trend? Change the channel - NBA playoffs are on - we know that there's no showboating allowed in that league!

Jun 24, 2011
As BobInMadison alluded to in the above post, FUN can be a pretty powerful recruiting tool.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
look on the bright side RT, you somehow found a topic that 99% of us agree on. No small feat for a DFP thread. You know I think you are just being a grumpy old man about this and the girls should have their fun, but I can see me getting annoyed by it if it keeps on spreading and becomes de rigueur next year. Kind of like I used to like the Icky Shuffle after a TD, but by the time guys were pulling cell phones out of goal post padding I wanted to shoot the TV.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Whenever I see the girls put on a display whether it be during a coach interview or a teammate interview I always think of the movie "A league of their own", when the girls were asked to do something special during the games to develop and increase a fan base so the league could continue. I dunno, is there any correlation? There sure has been a lot of softball coverage on TV this year and I for one would like to see that continue.
On a side note, there were zero antics during coaches interviews last night at the Oklahoma vs. Bama game. Perhaps the girls know when to hold onto peak focus and when it's time to loosen up a bit.
Oklahoma VS. Bama in the supers??? C'mon man..... That's 2 teams that should be at the WCWS and pitting them in the supers is an injustice to the big tournament. OK, rant over.

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/602325782422298624

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2011
The Florida Gators in the dugout had their visors decorated to look like alligators. They just won their super regional, but that's probably because Kentucky's pitcher wears a face mask.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
I always thought playing well and competing at a high level WAS fun, but maybe that's not good enough anymore??

Yeah, they need a coach like the legendary Gil Dobie, who next day after defeating the Cal Bears 72-0 called a Sunday practice and made the whole team run so that it wouldn't go to their heads. Because that's what fun is all about!

[/sarcasm]

Dec 20, 2012
I always thought playing well and competing at a high level WAS fun, but maybe that's not good enough anymore??

That is why on recruiting trips they let the girls hang out with the team, maybe go to a party(uh, I mean a sleepover), go to a football game, tailgate and act a fool,..... Not have a practice and run conditioning drills. Because you can compete at a high level, play well and have fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1