Is this what Pitt softball wants to be known for?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 17, 2009
Yes, a lesson from Candrea on class and how to conduct yourself on the softball field. There once was a time when players were not disrespectful to their coaches. I'm hoping that day is not gone with this new crop of young coaches.

There are openings every year in D1 ball. Put your resume in and run your program like you want to. In the mean time this "new crop" of coaches is running roughshod in the regionals.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I must have missed it when Coach K was giving an interview during the Duke Blue Devils game and his players were mocking him with gorilla masks and horse heads. You have that video, would love to see it?

Here's where I recognize a distinct difference. While I find the "Act like you've been there/done that before and expect to be there/repeat it often" advice sound for men's big time sports,For many girls, the TV coverage during WCWS is the one and only time that they'll ever have that opportunity. And when they take advantage of that opportunity, it usually is in concert with teammates rather than a calculated individual "look just at me" action. Compare and contrast that to the male superstar "student/athletes" (at least for one year) who who are nationally televised routinely in college but can't refrain from jumping in front of the camera, while play continues, to celebrate their individual achievement, without regard to whether the game hangs in the balance or is out of hand. Where's your clip of a FP player doing anything close to that?

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I think now is the appropriate time for one of our TN brethren to post a pic of UT Men's Basketball Coach Bruce Pearl at the Lady Vols basketball game during the Summit era.

Jul 6, 2013
It's threads like this one that make me wish we had like/dislike buttons for individual posts so posters would know just how much in the minority they are in their thinking...myself included...

Jan 25, 2011
Have you watched a NFL game before, or NBA game? These guys get paid millions and they have their little shows. I like it when one of the football players spike the ball before they cross the end zone. Rocketech you are the one that I hope never coaches a team.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
It takes creativity, teamwork, great planning and execution to pull off the PacMan stunt. I want those players working for me in the future!

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Ok posters, here is a little exercise.
Pretend your DD is in HS now. For some of you, this is not a stretch at all.
Pretend she is good enough to play for Pitt, and pretend Pitt is recruiting her.

Would this make it more or less likely for you to want to send your DD to Pitt?

I vote more likely, with the caveat that I would be rather surprised if my DD were ever that good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes