Is it stay to play at ASA nationals????

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2012
Not really. The host determines if there will be and how much that gate charge will be. Some are moving away from a gate charge by going with some pretty high entrance fees.

This past year, one of the East nationals charged a $900 entry fee, but there were no gate charges or food/beverage/cooler restrictions. The key here was the tournament was on open county park land and access could not be legally restricted or for that matter controlled.

Never been to an Eastern, but ASA/USA has always been a hefty gate fee anytime I have been.

Mar 26, 2013
Never been to an Eastern, but ASA/USA has always been a hefty gate fee anytime I have been.
And again, it is not ASA/USA, it is the local host that makes such determinations.
Seems clear to me GC is talking about a category of nationals (i.e. ASA/USA Nats vs Eastern Nats) rather than the governing body...

Some are moving away from a gate charge by going with some pretty high entrance fees.
I expect there was some initial sticker shock with the $900 entry fee, however a little math shows it is a better deal than a $450-500 entry fee w/ $35-40 gate passes.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I expect there was some initial sticker shock with the $900 entry fee, however a little math shows it is a better deal than a $450-500 entry fee w/ $35-40 gate passes.

Not to mention what may have been saved on drink & food. It seemed plenty of folks to advantage of the lack of a fee.

Jan 24, 2013
Bolingbrook, IL
You might also want to look into VRBO for that time frame. Chattanooga is enough of a touristy area that they might have some homes on there. If not, we've stayed up 75 in between exits 5-10 and it's a nicer area.

Found a mansion in Ooltewah, TN (15 min from the Summit and 30 min from Warner Park) that would sleep 34 in 14 bedrooms and any extra could sleep on air mattresses. $800 per family for the week! It was gorgeous. Coach didn't think it was a good idea to have so much closeness, I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi