IOC idiocy

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Just read that Juan Antonio Samaranch Jr. (the son of the former IOC president, head of corruption and chief criminal Sumaranch) is vice president of the International Modern Pentathlon Union and a member of the IOC board. So I guess we know why that was safe - I am sure he knows where all the bodies are buried.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Badminton & table tennis are huge sports in the Far East. While we think of badminton as a summer picnic activity, it is a very serious game in in Asia. I had to Google wushu, but it is some form of martial art, so no new venue is required.

The current IOC head is the Belgian who had 7 v 7 rugby added as a sport as rugby's his thing. The only thing more corrupt than the IOC is FIFA in soccer.

Here's a thought....istaed of not buying Easton products, as American's let's all simply not watch the Olympics. The IOC cash cow is the US TV/Cable market. Viewership decreased due to Americans not happy with the product or events broadcast, the US Networks don't pay the IOC what it wants when the contract is up for negotiation. Pretty simple.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
This is a little off topic but has anyone ever seen the sport where its a mix between hacky sack, soccer and volleyball. No hands allowed and the net is around 5' high. The ball is about the size of a large grapefruit... this looks like one of the most difficult sport I've ever seen played. If a sport had to be added to the games, this would be a close second to softball coming back.

Jul 26, 2010
There should be two Olympics. The Olympic Games, and the Olympic Sports.

The Olympic games can have ping pong, golf, badminton, pinball, ice skating, poker, and any even that requires judges (diving, gymnastics, synchronized swimming, fingerpainting)

The Olympic Sports would have the classic events like running, wrestling, track and field, ice skating (racing), swimming (racing), and every event that actually requires athletic ability where a clear winner and looser is determined, like softball.

I'd say lump the Olympic "Games" in with the Special Olympics, but that would be doing the Special Olympic Athletes a huge disservice.

-W

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish