Introverts, Unite! Separately. In your own homes.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
How would you address it with her?
Sorry it took so long to reply...
I don't know this young lady but you just can't perform as well if you are tense, and that's what happens when you play terrified of letting others down. NCSA recently posted the quote "Note to self: Stop being terrified of what could go wrong, and start thinking positive about what could go right."
When DD was younger, she did a workbook called "The Confident Sports Kid." One of the things they had in the book was to list the worst things that could happen if you made an error. Then it put it in perspective to what goes on in real life after the game is over. It really helped her at the time and that's the approach I'd take. Errors are part of the game.
Tommy Lasorda: “Everybody makes mistakes, that’s why they put erasers on pencils.
Dean Smith: “If you’re going to make every game a matter of life or death, you’re going to have a lot of problems. For one thing, you’ll be dead a lot.”

Oct 23, 2015
Be who you are. Be comfortable with who you are. Don't worry about 'growing out' of yourself, because that implies that something is wrong with you. It takes all types to make the world go round and to make a team jell. I know this all sounds corny, but if you try to change your personality to stay on a team, you'll be more miserable trying to fake it. Every team needs a hardcore, tell it like it is type of player.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45