Infielder gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2012
What is the best infielder glove? I know there are a lot of good ones out there but just wanted some opinions. My daughter is a 14u shortstop and had a nice Mizuno now but it has lost it's form. I know Nokona and A2000 are well thought of.

Jan 3, 2014
If your DD likes Mizuno, like mine, the Global Elite is a nice glove. It's not inexpensive though.

May 28, 2014
The Nokona and A2000 are both rather popular, along with Vinci gloves on this board - My daughter uses a BV1929-L for Middle infield (12u Travel) We do have some Vinci dealers on this board (Myself and Chaz as Case has retired) and can get you some good pricing on them if you are interested in them. They compare quality wise to the upper end gloves across the board.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Lots of great options out there, the coaches on my DD's TB team just brought in a female college coach to head coach for
June & July. For middle infield she likes an open web glove (H & I webs) and her preference is 11.75" and no larger than a 12". My DD uses
a custom 12" Vinci with a H-web at SS, actually she uses it everywhere.

You have the whole velcro debate, of course that's up to your DD. Our Vinci is a baseball glove, no velcro!

Dec 19, 2012
My advice is to let your dd try on the top shelf gloves from as many makers as possible, or order a custom made glove from a company like Capire that makes the glove to your specs. I ordered my dd a Capire top of the line catchers mitt in Japanese Kip leather and it was almost $400 including shipping. However, it fits her perfectly and it is awesome.

Feb 15, 2012
I've never heard of the Capire brand I'll check into it though. I've heard good things about the Vinci's too. I think i'm going to get her a high quality glove like that this time though. I've been hesitant to spend big money on her glove before but I've been willing to pay $350 for a bat. She uses her glove way more than the bat so that doesn't make much sense.

Dec 19, 2012
My dd's fielder's glove is a Rawlings Pro-Preferred 12.75 outfielders baseball mitt. It is also a thing of beauty. She chose it because it felt the best to her. Vinci, Mizuno, Nokona, Rawlings, Wilson......their top shelf gloves are all very good. It's really a matter of personal preference.

May 19, 2016
My dd's fielder's glove is a Rawlings Pro-Preferred 12.75 outfielders baseball mitt. It is also a thing of beauty. She chose it because it felt the best to her. Vinci, Mizuno, Nokona, Rawlings, Wilson......their top shelf gloves are all very good. It's really a matter of personal preference.

The Pro Preferred Is really an awesome glove, at least I think so. I have the 12.75 In the Trap-eze design and It put all of my old faithfuls Into 100% retirement the first day I un-boxed It. I use It for absolutely everything. Its Kip leather so Its a little tough to break In at first. But that problem comes with pretty much all high quality leather that doesn't come pre broken. Ive always been told though, the harder It Is to break In the longer Its going to last you. Its re-assuring that with that price tag It will last many many years to come.

My daughter uses the LS Xeno with closed webbing In 12". Its an OK glove, durable, but probably best suited for the outfield. However this season she Is playing second or short stop full time. I need to start looking for something that will be a little more optimized for infield play as soon as I replenish the equipment funds after purchasing the new LXT. At least that way she will have a glove that will suite most any position they have her play. Shes a smaller girl so Im interested In any suggestions anyone might have for an infield glove for her. Im thinking 11.75" with an H web.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
The Pro Preferred Is really an awesome glove, at least I think so. I have the 12.75 In the Trap-eze design and It put all of my old faithfuls Into 100% retirement the first day I un-boxed It. I use It for absolutely everything. Its Kip leather so Its a little tough to break In at first. But that problem comes with pretty much all high quality leather that doesn't come pre broken. Ive always been told though, the harder It Is to break In the longer Its going to last you. Its re-assuring that with that price tag It will last many many years to come.

My daughter uses the LS Xeno with closed webbing In 12". Its an OK glove, durable, but probably best suited for the outfield. However this season she Is playing second or short stop full time. I need to start looking for something that will be a little more optimized for infield play as soon as I replenish the equipment funds after purchasing the new LXT. At least that way she will have a glove that will suite most any position they have her play. Shes a smaller girl so Im interested In any suggestions anyone might have for an infield glove for her. Im thinking 11.75" with an H web.

My dd uses a A2000 12' with the h-web, great glove. She plays 3rd, not sure if I would go smaller with the 2000. Not a whole lotta glove left once that 12" ball is in there.

Dec 19, 2012

It sounds like you and my dd have the same Pro Preferred glove. My dd's is black with black lacing Trap-eze style, like the glove Ken Griffey Jr. used. My dd's college has the LS Xeno gloves. My dd hates her catchers mitt. She uses her Capire whenever possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan