Infield Face Masks and College

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2010
This thread, as with all of them on this topic, has become ridiculous. The OP asks, do college coaches care.

Some folks with recruiting experience say, yes, generally, it's frowned upon.

Then, all of the recruiting experts who are parents of 10 and 12 year olds say things like:
- my DD would never play for a coach like that
- you people that don't require your kid to wear one are horrible parents,
- and, the one I like the best - it's simply not true, because any college coach who is not a moron will see past the mask, and realize how amazingly talented my DD is

So, fine, let us know how it works out.

There are folks on this board that have helped dozens, if not 100's, of kids move on to college.

If you don't want their opinion, don't ask the question.

And you should never make comments like put on your big boy pants on. You not liking the answer does not mean the answer is wrong.

But, this thread comes up every few months, and it goes the same way, which ends up in this ridiculous place, because everyone knows that parents of 12 year olds know all about the recruiting process, and what coaches say, whereas those who have attended many signing ceremonies are nitwits.

Do you what want, they're your kids.

Thanks for making my point, sorry your panties are in a wad. Be the adult, make a decision, live with the results whether it be loss of a D1 scholarship or a broken nose.

Jul 9, 2010
Good grief already! Put your big girl/boy panties on and be the parent!!!

I don't care if Jenny Finch (DD's hero) came to my house and told DD to not wear the mask, she is wearing it until I'm convinced she is somewhat safe. I'm the f$$&ing dad. End of conversation!

Point is, be the adult, be willing to walk away when someone tries to tell you how to run your, or your kids, life.

Do you what want, they're your kids.

Thanks for making my point, sorry your panties are in a wad. Be the adult, make a decision, live with the results whether it be loss of a D1 scholarship or a broken nose.

Sorry, you're not getting away with that. You referenced your DD's hero, Jenny Finch, and then added some curse words for emphasis, among other things.

You're point was that if you don't require your kid to wear a mask, then you're a heartless idiot.

And, you would be wrong in that assertion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma