I got nothing, so I decided to post it here

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Sorry MD. I don't know what to really say about your comment. As much as I think that tunnels are supposed to be fun, I find them rather unsportmanslike by their very nature. Its not like they are a bunch of Marines that will be the first in line to die for their country soon after getting married and walking under the sword salute tunnel or anything. By the same token, I don't appreciate prayer circles after a game. Leave my sportsmanship and religion to me and my team. Don't try and force your version of it on us, not that you would. However, the tone of your post suggests otherwise. Get your team out there, have them high five every team member saying great game, good job, good luck, whatever, have them shake hands with the coaches saying the same things and get off the field. You don't see upper levell TB teams no matter the age or college teams doing tunnels do you?

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2014
I'm not sure where the idea of tunnels came from, pretty sure it wasn't the losing team's idea though. I'm not a huge fan, however, the ones I've witnessed seemed to be done with good sportsmanship in mind and I've given the girls the benefit of the doubt. As for prayer circles, I have no problem with player led prayer after games. Our players understand what a blessing it is to play softball on the weekend and they willingly give thanks to their creator for the opportunity. No one is forced to pray and it is always initiated by the girls. It is unfortunate that in a country that was created by people searching for free worship, free worship is now ridiculed.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
No one is forced to pray and it is always initiated by the girls. It is unfortunate that in a country that was created by people searching for free worship, free worship is now ridiculed.

We have been actively ostracized at several tournaments for not participating in prayer circles. But that is not unexpected considering where we were playing those tournaments.

But then I would bet in these cases it was probably not initiated by the girls (or at least the whole idea wasn't).

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I'm not sure where the idea of tunnels came from, pretty sure it wasn't the losing team's idea though. I'm not a huge fan, however, the ones I've witnessed seemed to be done with good sportsmanship in mind and I've given the girls the benefit of the doubt. As for prayer circles, I have no problem with player led prayer after games. Our players understand what a blessing it is to play softball on the weekend and they willingly give thanks to their creator for the opportunity. No one is forced to pray and it is always initiated by the girls. It is unfortunate that in a country that was created by people searching for free worship, free worship is now ridiculed.

Please don't mistake my post as a ridicule of free worship. My team is, for the most part, very religious. By the same token, they are religiously diverse. I even have a muslim girl on the team. Does this mean she should be forced to pray to a God that she believes is a prophet? The only point I am trying to make is to not force your God on my team. Altough I know this post is against our rules about politics and religion, please forgive me.

I give my girls the option to join or not. Most don't go. But do not look upon my team or anyone else as "heathans" because they don't follow your particular faith or your paricular God.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Annie Savoy said:
I believe in the Church of Baseball. I've tried all the major religions, and most of the minor ones. I've worshiped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms...and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance. But it just didn't work out between us...

...I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.

Or something like that...but softball, not baseball...of course...

Last edited:

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Please don't mistake my post as a ridicule of free worship. My team is, for the most part, very religious. By the same token, they are religiously diverse. I even have a muslim girl on the team. Does this mean she should be forced to pray to a God that she believes is a prophet? The only point I am trying to make is to not force your God on my team. Altough I know this post is against our rules about politics and religion, please forgive me.

I give my girls the option to join or not. Most don't go. But do not look upon my team or anyone else as "heathans" because they don't follow your particular faith or your paricular God.

That's good that you 'give your girls the option'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi