I do luv a Friday check in! 5/6/16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
DD's been in the hospital since early Monday morning. After 4 days of tests we transferred her to another hospital this evening which is supposed to be one of the tops in the country diagnostically. Hopefully we'll have answers by the end of the night. If we do and she's feeling better, this weekend she starts HS sectional playoffs Saturday morning.

Prayers for your daughter. Hope they figure it out so she can get better.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
No softball this weekend (except a little practice). DD has her SAT test, DS1 has lifeguard training (from 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.!) and DS2 has swim timed trials. Sleeping late tomorrow I hope! DS1 has another day of training from 8 - 7 (crazy!)...but DH taking him, and I'm sleeping. :)

Sep 18, 2011
DD has a three game high school tourney today but I'll be with my 15 year old DS - baseball tryouts this morning. Nervous for him.

Thoughts with yocoach and his DD - hope to read good news soon.

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
Update on DD:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and prayers. It's been a very trying week as you can imagine. DD was woken up at 4 a.m. Monday morning by a sharp abdominal pain that radiated outward and quickly became incapacitating. We took her to our local branch of a childrens hospital that has an excellent reputation. They immediately managed the pain and started running tests. After 4 days and ruling out anything that was immediately life threatening, they sent her home with a guess at a diagnosis and a prescription for a mild pain medication. After 4 hours, she was doubled over again and in tears from the pain so we loaded her up and drove an hour and a half to the next city over and to one of the top 5 rated hospitals in the country which is well known for its diagnostics. After more tests and receiving the test results from the previous hospital, they came up with either a gall bladder attack or a virus. Since neither is life threatening, they sent us home again the following day. Yesterday evening her pain has seemed to diminish a little bit but is still not completely gone. We'll see how she wakes up this morning and hopefully it is much less or gone completely. If the pain isn't gone by Monday, the next step is to take her to a GI doctor and see what they have to say.
Thanks you for the update. It's so scary when our kids are sick and we don't know how to help. Hang in there!

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Raining on our side of the state so I can't watch the D1 game that I wanted to go see. Tried to convince DH that we needed to drive to the other side of the state (where it's not raining) to watch softball but he said no. Meanie. And it's Mother's Day Eve and everything. Guess I will have to get my softball fix on the television...:(

Apr 26, 2015
Ugh - another rained out tourney. We played one game and the tourney got called. Hail was horrible and we are now under a tornado watch. Boo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad