I do luv a Friday check in! 5/6/16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
DDs high school team has a three game tourney this weekend. She has been told that she will be starting varsity pitcher for the second game. Hasn't pitched regularly for several years, and then was never really into it. Pitched two scoreless innings (4 strikeouts) the other night in a JV game, and unfortunately is the only other option for HS team. (two hurt) Could use some positive thoughts and prayers her way....I expect it to be ugly lol

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
DD's been in the hospital since early Monday morning. After 4 days of tests we transferred her to another hospital this evening which is supposed to be one of the tops in the country diagnostically. Hopefully we'll have answers by the end of the night. If we do and she's feeling better, this weekend she starts HS sectional playoffs Saturday morning.
Sorry, hope you get answers soon. 😦

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
First tournament of the season with TB team, and the girls haven't played together since January. I'm packing the WD-40 so we can oil up the rusty parts. :) Most of the team has been on HS teams - so we have some drama there - but it's a fun group and I'm looking forward to it, regardless of the outcome. DD has hit 2 to the LF fence in the last week, so she's been drinking protein shakes and doing pushups this week. DH told her to toot as she hits, so I guess we'll have beans for dinner. It's a family affair to get that sucker to go over! Fingers crossed that this is the weekend it happens!! Oh, and probably don't sit by us. 😉

Oct 10, 2011
DD's been in the hospital since early Monday morning. After 4 days of tests we transferred her to another hospital this evening which is supposed to be one of the tops in the country diagnostically. Hopefully we'll have answers by the end of the night. If we do and she's feeling better, this weekend she starts HS sectional playoffs Saturday morning.

Good luck with your daughter...that's so tough going through!

Oct 10, 2011
Been a crazy week! DD put in a lot of extra practice with me before a big conference game and after the first inning got pulled for concussion protocol . She was ticked off and said she was fine after being tackled by someone on a bunt (we lost after being ahead by 2 after 5 innings). We had to get her cleared at the hospital and she was fine. Next game was Senior night and it was emotional for everyone but DD LOL. She played her last game on the home field and had a really good game. She just said that she's ready to move on to travel ball.
This weekend we are breaking in new bats and getting ready to re-play that team in the playoffs.

Apr 25, 2010

Hopefully E is okay and there's nothing serious! Best wishes for a quick recovery from us and for sleep for you and J. Keep us updated!

Apr 25, 2010
DD has played every day but Monday, this week. Has a game tonight and a double header tomorrow. Brunch with future DIL's family Sunday, then who knows what. I foresee lots of sleep in DD's down time...lol.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI

I hope for the best for her. This must be truly scary and unnerving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00