I do luv a Friday check in! 5/6/16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Nothing but DW this weekend.
DS had been rowing every weekend, but has this one off. Columbus last weekend, Philadelphia next weekend, home for his mother this weekend.
DD 3 has no practice Sunday.

I found out yesterday that some stupid middle school boys have been making all sorts of racist comments towards DD 3 on the school bus for a while. I got the school involved, and the school called all the boys' parents. I can imagine some interesting conversations this weekend. If the kids don't learn their lesson now, the lessons they can look forwards to in the boys room in high school might be very unpleasant.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
We were supposed to play our first game of districts yesterday...but unfortunately we were rained out. We're playing possibly two games tomorrow. We're playing our first game against the team we were supposed to play yesterday early tomorrow (I think like 10 in the morning). If we win, we play the second team around 2 or 3. Then were supposed to be going out for pizza and maybe some shopping.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
DD's been in the hospital since early Monday morning. After 4 days of tests we transferred her to another hospital this evening which is supposed to be one of the tops in the country diagnostically. Hopefully we'll have answers by the end of the night. If we do and she's feeling better, this weekend she starts HS sectional playoffs Saturday morning.

I feel bad for you and your family during this trying time with your daughter's health. My family and I are sending prayers and good vibes your way.

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
Nothing but DW this weekend.
DS had been rowing every weekend, but has this one off. Columbus last weekend, Philadelphia next weekend, home for his mother this weekend.
DD 3 has no practice Sunday.

I found out yesterday that some stupid middle school boys have been making all sorts of racist comments towards DD 3 on the school bus for a while. I got the school involved, and the school called all the boys' parents. I can imagine some interesting conversations this weekend. If the kids don't learn their lesson now, the lessons they can look forwards to in the boys room in high school might be very unpleasant.
Sorry. I sure wish that those boys understood the lasting damage they could be doing. I am in my 40's, and the bullying I went through still upsets me when I think about it. Hopefully those parents own wooden spoons and a few bars of soap.

Sep 6, 2015
Dad has HS JV district tournament tomorrow, weather permitting.

YOCOACH- thoughts and prayers to you and your daughter.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Tournament all weekend.... going to be a LONG Saturday (see thread on scheduling rant is general discussion).. hopefully a long Sunday as well.

We picked up a new player this weekend - not a lot of softball experience but a big time athlete. Having speed is going to be a new experience for this team.

Aug 26, 2015
Just had the first All Star practice tonight. Have a REC game in the morning and All Star practice in the evening tomorrow. Then there's a REC practice on Sunday as well.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
Good sized 10U TB tourney this weekend. Missing a top player and down to #3 catcher but they've been on a roll and should do well.

DD has pitched a lot of 12u since the last 10U Tourney so looking forward to some real good zip and spin. Sometimes tough to quickly switch between the two but hoping she comes out hitting her spots and has her C/U dialed in.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Won first round HS district game last night. DD had a walk off... Walk, lol! This may have been the longest three inning game in softball history (1 1/2 hrs). The competition gets stiff today. No first round upsets, so the top four teams will battle it out today and the first of next week.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Update on DD:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and prayers. It's been a very trying week as you can imagine. DD was woken up at 4 a.m. Monday morning by a sharp abdominal pain that radiated outward and quickly became incapacitating. We took her to our local branch of a childrens hospital that has an excellent reputation. They immediately managed the pain and started running tests. After 4 days and ruling out anything that was immediately life threatening, they sent her home with a guess at a diagnosis and a prescription for a mild pain medication. After 4 hours, she was doubled over again and in tears from the pain so we loaded her up and drove an hour and a half to the next city over and to one of the top 5 rated hospitals in the country which is well known for its diagnostics. After more tests and receiving the test results from the previous hospital, they came up with either a gall bladder attack or a virus. Since neither is life threatening, they sent us home again the following day. Yesterday evening her pain has seemed to diminish a little bit but is still not completely gone. We'll see how she wakes up this morning and hopefully it is much less or gone completely. If the pain isn't gone by Monday, the next step is to take her to a GI doctor and see what they have to say.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad