http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/29738-model-swing-yet.html

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
RD... here's as low as the Tee will go...:cool:

<video width="512" height="100%" controls loop video controls autoplay>
<source src="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58923514/Hitting%20Fall/Knee_HB.mp4" />
</video>

Any live pitching game swings with these mechanics?

Straightleg

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Any live pitching game swings with these mechanics?

Straightleg

No sorry... Its a rebuild swing from 1 month into this fall/winter work. First sign of immediate success, was balls won't stay in pop-up net @ cage....I posted a clip of taking it to the cage yesterday... hitting BB's real fast....took it to the cage last Sunday too...but didn't get any clips, because she couldn't hit the ball yet !!! LOL

Here is old swing... of course its her only OFHR... this Aug...:cool:

OFHR_STK.gif

Sprite CF6 -11 32x29...went WAY over :{))

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Had a great pitching practice tonight... really think she was trying to get things right, and fast, so she could work on swing :cool:

She stayed back on just que. Really responsive !!! We linked the ease of landing on heel, and rolling over front foot & being back... no need for clip for review...

She is really pumped that she can still put the ball on the 51" mark everytime too with new mechanic.

I'll get clip next practice... your going to love this next one !!!!!! :cool:

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Little practice tonight... weather is really good here in OH-IO....today :cool:

<video width="512" height="100%" controls loop video controls autoplay>
<source src="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58923514/Hitting%20Fall/01_Back_HB.mp4" />
</video>

This could be the understatement of the year! Your perspective is unique and and often is a breath of fresh air compared to the Theological Hitting forum where there are 10-page threads debating the definition of a single word!

Although you didn't ask, I'll offer my 2 cents on your DD's swing - based on where her swing is now versus where it used to be there has been significant improvement and it is evident that she is blessed with athletic ability and is a quick learner. Given the opportunity to work with her in person I believe that many here could help her get close to the high-level pattern relatively quickly. Although she obviously owes her improvement and success to your coaching, I'm not sure if you're crazy like a fox or just crazy and lucky! Regarding the pitching-hitting analogies, while they've obviously worked to help her understand the importance of a solid base, the role of the core, and the advantage of proper sequence, going forward I think you may do more harm than good trying to get more mileage out of this approach. I think she's at the point where you can let her swing and just compare video of her to your chosen model hitter and then talk about where the similarities and differences are and how to resolve them. That said, based on the improvement she's made, my guess is that she'll figure it out on her own and become very proficient regardless of what road you take.

Love ya, man - GM

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2015
Not sure if you addressed this before, but why the split grip? Has she tried putting her hands together more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Just trending... seen Kelly K. switch to it back a couple years ago, so... so did DD...couple years ago. She was lead off, and worked real good for her right-hand slap/ slash. :cool:

No she hasn't tried it... hands together for couple years. She pitches, and we haven't been working on hitting that much, or @ least as much as we are now... Because its her first year HS.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Not sure if you addressed this before, but why the split grip? Has she tried putting her hands together more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will give it a try. She is deaf on that ball hitting that ribbon, more than anything. Be good to see if the top hand is really the navigator, since she has been able to keep it on the ribbon, in lieu of all adjustments. She asked me to get something to put behind the tarp, so she can calibrate the bounce back. I'm going to try a piece of plywood.

Headed for the follow through next :cool:

Specs:

Bat must make noise when hitting the back, so she will be in compliance to up coming coach.... LOL

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO

She gave it a try... but said she feels like she lost control....

She isn't too enthusiastic, because she went to Softball Meeting today... they start working out in a week with team. We were thinking middle of Feb. like last year. She gave me the not now look...

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Coach Lotief has had some serious success with that split grip so if she likes it and has success, I'd leave it be.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
OK... going to have to teach Lineal & Rotation to have either or... Here is the next victim Kemp... for the 1 strike swing

<video width="312" height="100%" controls loop video controls autoplay>
<source src="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58923514/Hitting%20Fall/Kemp_100%25_HB.mp4" />
</video>

<video width="312" height="100%" controls loop video controls autoplay>
<source src="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58923514/Hitting%20Fall/Kemp_3%25_FC_HB.mp4" />
</video>

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12