http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/29738-model-swing-yet.html

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I stand by my previous comment. Still not seeing coil, if youre into that kinda thing. She's gonna be great when she figures it out, love her athleticism and intent

[video]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58923514/Hitting%20Fall/T%26R_HB.mp4[/video]

I believe it's 'late' coiling. Her coil comes after the 'stacked' rear leg and when the front leg reaches forward. Have a look at the white stripe on shorts/ her upper rear thigh. I commented earlier that I prefer to see PC DD coil into/against her rear leg as she FBC.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
RD... here's as low as the Tee will go...:cool:

<video width="512" height="100%" controls loop video controls autoplay>
<source src="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58923514/Hitting%20Fall/Knee_HB.mp4" />
</video>

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_ogau9sLTAT1usf292o1_400.gif

Cabrera_FB_highside_sync.gif

tumblr_ogavk1Rxp11usf292o1_400.gif

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Thx RD !!! Think I'm seeing it... in the the shoulders. ??? Lookz like she just lowered the boom...(legs) so to speak. Also she is very conscience of keeping the ball just under pink ribbon on the tarp...(whenever-however I'm changing her swing :{)))...She did stay at it until she could put them right on the ribbon..... never hit anything off the tee but right @ waist level before.

tee_measurements

Note: She is really encouraged... she has felt something??? We got balls flying back to places we never seen before. She text me yesterday from school, and wanted me to send her a .gif of Alex Hugo's swing... :cool:

Also she really likes your .gifs....She thinks it's cool how you pulse @ point of interest... Like I never have done that...:confused: I think she just ain't going to pay attention to anything that has my logo on it...LOL

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Thx RD !!! Think I'm seeing it... in the the shoulders. ??? Lookz like she just lowered the boom...(legs) so to speak. Also she is very conscience of keeping the ball just under pink ribbon on the tarp...(however I'm changing her swing :{)))... never hit anything off the tee but right @ waist level before.

Pc, Your DD looks good. This is a 'nit picks' it's what we do here. I think your DD has a 'leveling to the ball' swing. How about on the low tee try hitting the ball above the pink ribbon. I'm hoping you see how your DD 'flattens' going into the ball:

Your DD needs to learn to hit the ball just as the barrel is starting to turn upwards. Start working the tee lower and try to hit line drives above or at the pink line.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Pc, Your DD looks good. This is a 'nit picks' it's what we do here. I think your DD has a 'leveling to the ball' swing. How about on the low tee try hitting the ball above the pink ribbon. I'm hoping you see how your DD 'flattens' going into the ball:

Your DD needs to learn to hit the ball just as the barrel is starting to turn upwards. Start working the tee lower and try to hit line drives above or at the pink line.

Will do !!! (low tee, over the ribbon...tonight) Nit picks... We call it Polishing !!!

Now that I figured out how to get rid of bat blur... Think I'm going to get a Bat Blur shot too! Reminds me of after telling her for a couple years to get it right over the plate (pitching)... then saying "Never put it over the plate" :cool:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Also she really likes your .gifs....She thinks it's cool how you pulse @ point of interest... Like I never have done that... I think she just ain't going to pay attention to anything that has my logo on it...LOL
Sometimes a DD needs to hear it from a different person. You tell her I say you have been doing a great job coaching DD.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Sometimes a DD needs to hear it from a different person. You tell her I say you have been doing a great job coaching DD.

Thx Again RD... Will tell her :{)) I'll get the Clip... low, & over the ribbon, tonight...I won't show her the Miggy .gif, so she doesn't try something... I'm heading out... TTYL

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
i had to take some tees and do some chopping to get the ball to set just below/at the knee line. If you take this low tee, and set it inside, you will find that it will be difficult to hit fair/towards short/up middle.

They will slice over the top. Work on the inside of the ball work on bat path that will produce line drives. Grip will have to be addressed if its to tight .

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Here is another attempt @ hitting low ones..

<source src="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58923514/Hitting%20Fall/11-13_HB_sm.mp4" />
</video>

Here is taking it to the cage, w/BB's

<source src="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58923514/Hitting%20Fall/11-13_1_sm_HB.mp4" />
</video>

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321