Howard's Hitting Matrix - It Works!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Matrix. Is just a term that is used because of the super slow motion in the movie. Have the student take a swing in super slow motion. We like to use a mirror, because the kid can see herself swing as you talk to her. You are checking to see if they understand what you have been discussing. Keep in mind some students overload on you and you must go back and fix parts of the swing.

Sep 17, 2009
This video is technically about the big zone, but it's done in slow motion so should help.

YouTube - Howard Carrier - Big Zone.wmv

I tend to call it "slow-mo" swings because when I say Matrix and then explain the movie and what it means our girls just look at me like I'm a giant dork -- which they usually do anyway.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
mennitti, it was neat for a while to have Howard posting here. It isn't every day that people get to pick the mind of a guy who has worked with Olympians and the Chinese National Team. To be honest, I have seen people like Howard and Yeager post on public sites and then decide to stop participation. We all lose in those situations because regardless of whether we (any member) agrees or disagrees with them, they have gained a reputation within their sports and have access to the best in their respective sports.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Since no one can post a TRUE description/video of the matrix drill since Crystal Bustos has DVD's for sale There shouldn't be any talk of the matrix drill as it could violate copy write laws.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Huh? The Matrix has been talked about in various forms on this site for a couple of years. There have been videos posted of some hitters working out within these parameters.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
This debate has come and gone cannonball and the thread was locked, shut down, information flow was killed. Someone from the Bustos camp didn't want the information on Her dvd's being used here without proper authorization. You have been absent for a while and probably missed that thread.

Oct 25, 2009
Since no one can post a TRUE description/video of the matrix drill since Crystal Bustos has DVD's for sale There shouldn't be any talk of the matrix drill as it could violate copy write laws.

Wonder if any there could be any copyright violations for using the movie title? Good thing it's not called the Big Mac drill!

May 16, 2011
Punxsutawney, PA
I did this with my high school girls during warm-ups using a rubber mallet and the dugout wall - pretending not to bend the imaginary nail. These slo-motion mental drills produce great results. It gets them focusing on swing mechanics before they go through tee drills, soft toss, and live pitches.

So his main concepts were separation and hips lead the swing?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild