Howard's Hitting Matrix - It Works!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 28, 2012
mennitti, it was neat for a while to have Howard posting here. It isn't every day that people get to pick the mind of a guy who has worked with Olympians and the Chinese National Team. To be honest, I have seen people like Howard and Yeager post on public sites and then decide to stop participation. We all lose in those situations because regardless of whether we (any member) agrees or disagrees with them, they have gained a reputation within their sports and have access to the best in their respective sports.

No one loses when garbage schlocking salesmen are kept out of the cycle of free exchange of information and ideas.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Since no one can post a TRUE description/video of the matrix drill since Crystal Bustos has DVD's for sale There shouldn't be any talk of the matrix drill as it could violate copy write laws.

I believe it was posting video of her from her website or the DVD. Not any drill she was performing.
The video that was posted looked like she was working the outside pitch.

Howard taught me the matrix long before there was a dvd on it.

SL

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
Actually it was for imbedding a video from YouTube that Crystal uploaded, making it fair use. She threatened the owner of DFP with a lawsuit.

Bottom line is; Crystal will help you, as long as she can make a buck off of it. Makes me wonder how much help she got for free during her playing days, but isn't willing to give it back.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Noon, just out of curiosity, how many daughters do you have and how many of them play softball? I don't have access to any coaches who have done what Howard has done in SOFTBALL. He has coached Olympians which was once the highest level we offered. He has coached Internationally. As a resource that is invaluable to hear from some in this sport. Members can agree or disagree with his ideas. Just like people can agree or disagree with any number of MLB Hitting Coaches. Disagree with any number of collegiate baseball coaches. The facts are he produced. Howard talks a lot about the girl's anatomy. Having coached girl's sports in golf, basketball and softball at the HS level and seen all of the injuries, there are distinct differences. Again, members can disagree with his ideas but I'd sure like to hear from him on those ideas and I'll decide. Noon, your words directed at Howard were strong. Its a shame that Howard put his stuff on here and gave demonstrations of what he teaches and yet, is attacked by others who don't share their works and resumes.

For anyone wondering what my resume its, I'm no one and I haven't done anything worth noting. I am, in fact, an Ex Expert. I do have a girl who plays and she has done some remarkable things at the TB, HS and Collegiate levels. Of course her swing was never considered high level by the experts. For the sake of being fair, I do consider Howard to be a friend.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Howard does not sell anything. He also has always gave lessons for free. He has given lessons for free to thousands of girls at all levels.
If he charged $50 + an hour, there would be a line out the door.

Its a shame some morons post about things they know nothing about.

SL

Feb 14, 2010
I will back straightleg up 100% on his assessment of HC and the type of person he is. I've personally talked with Howard and he receives absolutely no money from his participation from camps. I think people would be shocked and amazed why he agrees to do things for free, it's a powerful story. There are things I don't agree with but one thing is certain, HCs character is untouchable IMO

Aug 28, 2012
Noon, just out of curiosity, how many daughters do you have and how many of them play softball? I don't have access to any coaches who have done what Howard has done in SOFTBALL. He has coached Olympians which was once the highest level we offered. He has coached Internationally. As a resource that is invaluable to hear from some in this sport. Members can agree or disagree with his ideas. Just like people can agree or disagree with any number of MLB Hitting Coaches. Disagree with any number of collegiate baseball coaches. The facts are he produced. Howard talks a lot about the girl's anatomy. Having coached girl's sports in golf, basketball and softball at the HS level and seen all of the injuries, there are distinct differences. Again, members can disagree with his ideas but I'd sure like to hear from him on those ideas and I'll decide. Noon, your words directed at Howard were strong. Its a shame that Howard put his stuff on here and gave demonstrations of what he teaches and yet, is attacked by others who don't share their works and resumes.

For anyone wondering what my resume its, I'm no one and I haven't done anything worth noting. I am, in fact, an Ex Expert. I do have a girl who plays and she has done some remarkable things at the TB, HS and Collegiate levels. Of course her swing was never considered high level by the experts. For the sake of being fair, I do consider Howard to be a friend.

My words were not directed at Howard and from the posts on here it is clear he doesn't fit the characteristics of those types I was commenting on. I have never met Howard nor I have exchanged posts with him, my beef is with posters who hit this and other websites/forums under the guise of participating when it's clear their motives are to drum up business.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Noon, then I apologize if they weren't directed at Howard. Howard is a good guy and was the one who came up with the Matrix of which I was referring to when I posted that we have had several discussion about it on this site. Again, I apologize.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
I know many like myself that work with Howard and Bustos for years do it for free. We don't sale anything. The only thing I have done for them is test products to see if we will use them at camps. Howard is retired and is devoting his time to his family and because of some other issues has to avoid stress. He still reads DFP from time to time and if he feels something is important we will talk about it. Howard has invented many things over the years and gets nothing in return, such as the whip hit. He does it for one thing, the KIDS!

Bustos does make a living now giving lessons, but anyone that knows her will tell you she has devoted many hours of her time to kids and charity. Anyone that posts anything else has no idea and I will bet has never meant her. She has given away bats and hitting devices to many kids over the years.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
I know many like myself that work with Howard and Bustos for years do it for free. We don't sale anything. The only thing I have done for them is test products to see if we will use them at camps. Howard is retired and is devoting his time to his family and because of some other issues has to avoid stress. He still reads DFP from time to time and if he feels something is important we will talk about it. Howard has invented many things over the years and gets nothing in return, such as the whip hit. He does it for one thing, the KIDS!

Bustos does make a living now giving lessons, but anyone that knows her will tell you she has devoted many hours of her time to kids and charity. Anyone that posts anything else has no idea and I will bet has never meant her. She has given away bats and hitting devices to many kids over the years.

I have had the privilege of meeting both Howard and Bustos and IMO both are genuine caring people who care about the kids and the sport of softball.

Bustos is very down to earth and inspirational when she tells of how she got to where she is, IMO she is a great instructor.

Howard is a very, very smart man. He can explain hitting where only Einstein can comprehend what he’s talking about and can also explain it where a 6 YO can get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild