how to hit the ball far

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
PM member 'baseball'. He will set you straight. Otherwise just post a video of your swing and the folks here will help you.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Ah ok, thanks for the input, I won't get it then.

Now back to my swing, I want a swing like Javier Baez, he has super fast bat speed and can absolutely crush the ball, do any of you have an analysis of Baez and what I have to do to get a swing like his? I'd really appreciate it.

Then do exactly what he does...
Baez_side.gif

Jul 29, 2015
Sorry, but you are a new poster and you already know how to quote a post. I'm sure baseball guy will be able to help you...unless and you are baseball guy and ian and then well you know..
Post your swing and maybe the good posters can help you. If not then maybe baseball guy is the way to go.
Good luck.

I've been on other forums before, and theres a "Reply with Quote" button at the bottom of every post.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Matt-
You are obviously a sharp kid dedicated to learning the craft. You will get it. The fact that you are researching baseball forums and even softball forums to gain knowledge shows your smarts. Lots of good teachers on this site. Just keep reading studying film and practicing. You will hit a HR.

Edit: Now go do your homework!

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2013
Do wrist curls. Take a broom stick wrap a rope around it with a weight at the other end of the rope with your arms straight out in front of you turn only your wrist to raise and than lower the weight. When you build up to about 30lbs + for 20 reps you should see some more power. Also use a half deflated basketball for soft toss. Don't forget to work your legs.
Don't know why you would want to hit home runs if you are hitting line drives. Last time I checked in MLB great hitters hit the ball 1 out 3 times for a hit and I think it is 1 home run out of every 30 at bats.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Do wrist curls. Take a broom stick wrap a rope around it with a weight at the other end of the rope with your arms straight out in front of you turn only your wrist to raise and than lower the weight. When you build up to about 30lbs + for 20 reps you should see some more power. Also use a half deflated basketball for soft toss. Don't forget to work your legs.
Don't know why you would want to hit home runs if you are hitting line drives. Last time I checked in MLB great hitters hit the ball 1 out 3 times for a hit and I think it is 1 home run out of every 30 at bats.

Sounds like you want to develop strong wrists for use through impact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi