how to hit the ball far

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2015
So I've been reading a ton of threads lately, about stretch and fire and "turning the barrel". It looks like Baez tips the bat an insane amount which helps his bat speed a lot. I tried it today and it helped my bat speed a little bit as well as the stretch and fire. I can only get stretch from a no stride approach and I'm having a hard time doing "the move" where you go forward by coil. What are some other things that can add bat speed? I don't care if it affects adjustability I just want to swing fast. Does a super high rear elbow help add a bit of bat speed as well?

Jul 29, 2015
Matt-
You are obviously a sharp kid dedicated to learning the craft. You will get it. The fact that you are researching baseball forums and even softball forums to gain knowledge shows your smarts. Lots of good teachers on this site. Just keep reading studying film and practicing. You will hit a HR.

Edit: Now go do your homework!

thank you for the encouragement

ian

Jun 11, 2015
So I've been reading a ton of threads lately, about stretch and fire and "turning the barrel". It looks like Baez tips the bat an insane amount which helps his bat speed a lot. I tried it today and it helped my bat speed a little bit as well as the stretch and fire. I can only get stretch from a no stride approach and I'm having a hard time doing "the move" where you go forward by coil. What are some other things that can add bat speed? I don't care if it affects adjustability I just want to swing fast. Does a super high rear elbow help add a bit of bat speed as well?

Julio Franco had a successful career. He played in the majors till he was 51. He had a similar style to the guy youre trying to imitate.
Keep working on the coil and stride deal. Its a complicated move but after some hard practice you will learn it. Dont skip through the improtant building blocks of a high level swing. Cutting corners will 'short circut' the swing. Its gonna be hard work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi