High School Coaches and Summer Team -- DD's Dilemma

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
There WAS a decision and communication a few days ago. The HS coach simply did not accept it and demanded she meet with him.

She's relieved that today she laid it out to him in her way--texting. I, myself, still struggle with the fact that she had committed to play with them and waited until now to back out. At least the season hasn't really started yet.

While inconvenient for the coach it is much better for her to gracefully back out now than to be miserable throughout the summer. No coach worth their salt wants a player on their roster simply to be there to "fulfill a commitment". The lesson that you must fulfill a commitment regardless of the situation is a very dangerous message for a young lady. Glad things worked out for the best for all concerned.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I appreciate the help that I have gotten on my daughter's behalf on this thread. It's been a tough decision for her and tough for me to be involved as her father and original coach. My job will now be to make darned sure that she develops even more than she would have staying with him so that he can't help but have her again in the HS program next spring. We shall see.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
If by chance he ends up reading this thread.....

Look, this should in no way be held against my DD. She should have to compete next spring in HS ball to earn her position, but she should not be penalized for this decision alone. Put aside your anger over this and push on in doing what you think your players one your summer team need to become better players. I will do the same. Hopefully, the good from both of our efforts will shine through next spring in your HS season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krugersoftball