Group instruction?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2013
Were the tandem lessons cheaper than a 30-minute private lesson, or was the instructor just trying to squeeze in a couple of extra lessons each day?
Both. He's selective about the pitchers he takes on and has very few openings on his schedule.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I found that the group clinics were usually pretty good for my daughter to work strictly on pitching from 12 to about 15. In the lower ages she worked with the older girls and then when she was older she would often break off and work with the PC or college pitchers and work mostly on spins. $50 for 4 hours then lunch at Subway was a pretty good deal. :)

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
DD had a 2 day camp this weekend. Sunday was a 2 hour pitching clinic with a well known instructor from Oregon. There were 6 girls involved in our time slot but the way he did it was actually quite effective as far as the individual evaluation and coaching was concerned. She got some really good feedback from him and was even able to learn 2 new pitches. I was impressed at his ability to quickly evaluate her and give instant feedback. He definitely had a good eye. I can see why he has 6 of his students at the D1 level. I was/am very skeptical of group pitching camps but this one was an exception. Would do it again in a heartbeat. DD had a lot of fun and I didn't feel like I flushed a days wages down the toilet.

Jun 19, 2013
DD had a 2 day camp this weekend. Sunday was a 2 hour pitching clinic with a well known instructor from Oregon. There were 6 girls involved in our time slot but the way he did it was actually quite effective as far as the individual evaluation and coaching was concerned. She got some really good feedback from him and was even able to learn 2 new pitches. I was impressed at his ability to quickly evaluate her and give instant feedback. He definitely had a good eye. I can see why he has 6 of his students at the D1 level. I was/am very skeptical of group pitching camps but this one was an exception. Would do it again in a heartbeat. DD had a lot of fun and I didn't feel like I flushed a days wages down the toilet.

Hi WaSpeed02 - would you mind sharing what camp this was? or who the instructor is? Just curious since we are west coast folks too.

Oct 22, 2009
I only do private instruction.

But if I had the space I'd love to be able to do semi-privates and small groups. Different strokes for different folks.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
According to a PM from WaSpeed02:

"The camp was through Fastpitch NW out of their new indoor facility in Centralia (the Sports Hub). Kayla Braud from the University of Alabama was there for hitting/fielding instruction and the pitching instruction was given by Tom Mauldin (who assists Ken Olson @ Fastpitch NW). Really neat guy, wish we had more time with him."

Sounds like it's worth checking out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbcoach26