Glove for 11yo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2016
My daughter just turned 11. She plays 2nd. She will be moving from 11" ball to 12" ball next year and her current glove is too small. I've had no luck locally finding anything she likes locally. I've read a great deal about gloves on the forum here and I'm still not sure. She is small (4' 7") and has small hands which has been a problem selecting a glove. I've liked what I've read about the Akadema AJB74 and I was curious about the Vinci gloves. She currently uses a 12" glove but I think she needs to move up to a 12.5". Any suggestions and continued advice about which Vinci gloves?

May 28, 2014
The BV-1929L 12.5" is my go to for any middle infield Vinci Glove - Kip leather - super hi quality. With proper care, the glove should last her years.

Baseball Glove Model BV1929-L : 12.5" NEW 5oz Kip Leather with double laced basket web by Vinci (and while it says baseball - it is one of our most popular softball gloves)

My Daughter was recommended this glove by this board, and after even becoming a Vinci Glove Rep myself, I would have put her in this glove - she absolutely loves it. Finger stalls on the Vinci's are nice, and allow a nice snug fit. She has been using it since she was 10.

The only downfall with the Vinci's (the upper end ones) are that they require a decent break in time -

Feel free to message me with any questions, or if you are interested in one for a price as I'm a dealer.

D-

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
At her size, and age, and the fact that she plays middle infield I think I would probably stay with a 12" glove. My DD is 14 and playing 16U and is still using a 12" Vinci. Her next Vinci will "probably" be a 12.25" but my DD says she wants the exact same glove that she's using now........One good thing to know about Vinci's are the hand and finger stalls are pretty snug/tight. Couple of 12" gloves that come to mind are:

Vinci ME024, 12" mesh back and Kip leather. Recommended this glove in another thread, I've never seen or held one. Guess I want someone else to be a guinea pig, looks like a great glove on paper!

Mizuno Global Elite 12" @ Cheapbats.com for $164.99, probably the best Mizuno you can get her, great deal, not your normal Dick's Sporting Goods Mizuno!

All-Star Vela 3-finger. Prices should be the same everywhere, All-Star uses MAP pricing so the ones I've seen are around $144.00.

Try and find a 12" Worth Liberty Advanced, looks like all the vendors I normally cruise are all sold out of the $59/$69 smoking deals! Too bad as that would have been a perfect glove for her! Maybe check the Bay.

Just buy that ME024, do a review and report back to us............Good luck!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm going to have to grab one of those for my inventory just so I can give feedback for you lol!

One of the local college coaches here in our county uses one of the "AB" mesh models, not sure of the exact model #? He loves it, after getting his glove he said a mesh Vinci is all he'll ever use. I've always bought dual welted gloves and that's my only concern with the ME024 model. It's single welted with the finger tips capped in Kip leather. Casedawg explained to me a couple of years back how Vinci really tightens the finger stalls with their dual welted models and that's why their baseball gloves make really good gloves for girls.

May 16, 2016
My daughter just turned 11. She plays 2nd. She will be moving from 11" ball to 12" ball next year and her current glove is too small. I've had no luck locally finding anything she likes locally. I've read a great deal about gloves on the forum here and I'm still not sure. She is small (4' 7") and has small hands which has been a problem selecting a glove. I've liked what I've read about the Akadema AJB74 and I was curious about the Vinci gloves. She currently uses a 12" glove but I think she needs to move up to a 12.5". Any suggestions and continued advice about which Vinci gloves?

IMOHO, stick with models offered in Youth sizes... I see too many girls running around with adult gloves they cannot manipulate.

Wilson and Mizuno are a couple that come to mind immediately. And my 11yo has been using a 12.5" Wilson A440 for 3 years, very successfully.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2016
One of the local college coaches here in our county uses one of the "AB" mesh models, not sure of the exact model #? He loves it, after getting his glove he said a mesh Vinci is all he'll ever use. I've always bought dual welted gloves and that's my only concern with the ME024 model. It's single welted with the finger tips capped in Kip leather. Casedawg explained to me a couple of years back how Vinci really tightens the finger stalls with their dual welted models and that's why their baseball gloves make really good gloves for girls.

I don't know if I was just navigating the site wrong but all the Vinci gloves I saw with mesh were pretty high end. I would love a light option for her since she is such a slim girl.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I don't know if I was just navigating the site wrong but all the Vinci gloves I saw with mesh were pretty high end. I would love a light option for her since she is such a slim girl.

Light as in weight? That's the reason for the mesh! Or light as in $$? You did use the words "high end". Go to Vincipro.com, go to glove series and click on mesh. The ME024 is on the first page, I think. Contact Drakemir here and have him give you a price. My DD's 12" Vinci is light to me and it's full Kip, that ME024 has got to be lighter than my DD's glove.

Jun 21, 2016
Light as in weight? That's the reason for the mesh! Or light as in $$? You did use the words "high end". Go to Vincipro.com, go to glove series and click on mesh. The ME024 is on the first page, I think. Contact Drakemir here and have him give you a price. My DD's 12" Vinci is light to me and it's full Kip, that ME024 has got to be lighter than my DD's glove.

Light as in weight. High end as in price. I consider gloves over $200 high end. I don't know if that's a thing though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shameria0413