Giving the ball back?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
More accurately, the cat said he believes he's hungry. But I'm willing to concede that p>0.5 (and q<0.5) is that money is the driver. Still seems odd to me, and I'd like to see a college softball line item budget.

It is a state run institution. If it is that important suggest you FOIA the athletic budget and all emails and purchase orders related to the purchase of softballs. I did the same thing with a local High School regarding the budget, equipment purchases, financial contributions, all coaches notes, practice plans, and score sheets from tryouts (names redacted of course).

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
OSU isn't in that list of 20. We rely on alumni/booster donations to close the shortfall. But I'm not ready for the whole FOIA thing riseball suggested lol!

The below link to the US Dept of Ed's Office of PostSecondary Eduction's "Equity in Athletics Data Analysis Cutting Tool" website provides some real athletic department numbers to play with from 2013-2014, Sorry, no line item SB break down.

Equity in Athletics Data Analysis Cutting Tool Website

Looking at data reported by The Ohio State University, revenues exceeded expenses by a cool $23M. The OSU SB program "Game-Day" operating expenses (apparently no coach salaries or athletic-related student aid) for 2013-2014 were $274,000. FWIW my DD's D3 SB program was $37,500.

Mar 26, 2013
Operating (Game Day) Expenses per the glossary. I expect travel expenses are a large chunk for OSU.

All expenses an institution incurs attributable to home, away, and neutral-site intercollegiate athletic contests (commonly known as game-day expenses), for (A) Lodging, meals, transportation, uniforms, and equipment for coaches, team members, support staff (including, but not limited to team managers and trainers), and others; and (B) Officials.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
The below link to the US Dept of Ed's Office of PostSecondary Eduction's "Equity in Athletics Data Analysis Cutting Tool" website provides some real athletic department numbers to play with from 2013-2014, Sorry, no line item SB break down.

Equity in Athletics Data Analysis Cutting Tool Website

Looking at data reported by The Ohio State University, revenues exceeded expenses by a cool $23M. The OSU SB program "Game-Day" operating expenses (apparently no coach salaries or athletic-related student aid) for 2013-2014 were $274,000. FWIW my DD's D3 SB program was $37,500.

According to the OSU actual expense budgets from 2009-2013, the entire athletic dept operates at a loss if you don't include alumni and booster donations.

That would be the $42 million "Not allocated by gender or sport" line item. Not our fault we have grads with deep pockets (thank you Mr Wexner!).

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
According to the OSU actual expense budgets from 2009-2013, the entire athletic dept operates at a loss if you don't include alumni and booster donations.

That would be the $42 million "Not allocated by gender or sport" line item. Not our fault we have grads with deep pockets (thank you Mr Wexner!).

What is your point? If you don't count state and federal funds the entire place is probably in the red.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi