FSU player pulled for error?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
When my dd realized the change she looks at me and says "thats what you call running a tight ship". I just quietly watched. when the camera would go to the young lady....her facial expression(s) said it all. The commentators stating that she wasn't suppose to even play this year as she was a 3rd string short stop but injury opened the door was salt in the wound!

Sep 29, 2014
I hear what you are saying, but they did not need to make the switch until after the error occurred and the situation became very different. No error, no switch would have been needed. She has been in the outfield for her stick, not her glove. If Harris could hit like her she would have started every game. :)

If the coach has been doing this all season...maybe...but still seem pretty harsh to me, guess it just proves the old adage if you can hit you will play, coach will find a place for you.

Sep 29, 2014
When my dd realized the change she looks at me and says "thats what you call running a tight ship". I just quietly watched. when the camera would go to the young lady....her facial expression(s) said it all. The commentators stating that she wasn't suppose to even play this year as she was a 3rd string short stop but injury opened the door was salt in the wound!

Pretty sure this was a different girl/situation, this OF has started basically for four years and contributed and as [MENTION=10413]riseball[/MENTION] pointed out the girl that went in for her has been a defensive substitute and pinch runner for three years

Jan 22, 2009
South Jersey
How about this guy? 18U SHOWCASE GAME, didn't even have to report scores! This was only half of the tirade, he continued in the dugout. We later found out it was his daughter, no excuse either way. That team was done after that, you could see it in their faces.

[video=youtube_share;73t0OlhAb8o]http://youtu.be/73t0OlhAb8o[/video]

Apr 25, 2010
One of the teams we play in HS has a coach that, during games, if his player watches a 3rd strike, he yells to the bench players "so and so, get your glove, you're taking her spot on defense". It's instant. As soon as her at bat is over, he's yelling from 3rd. And he's true to his word. The girl that watched the 3rd strike, gets pulled. It happened so often against DD's riseball (it's wicked), that he ran out of bench players and had to put girls back in...lol.

Jun 11, 2013
Taking strike 3 is so over rated. I see so many kids who just hack away at strike 3. We had a kid this weekend take 3-2 above the letters. It was sort of close, but 95 our of 100 times it's ball 4. One of the AC's was telling her you have to adjust, but I told her let it go every time. If you start hacking at that pitch the Riseball pitchers will eat you up. DD one time up was batting against a stud pitcher who threw around 61-62. She was the only hitter on the team who could catch up to this kid and fouled several pitches straight back. finally worked to 3-2 and the kid put a change up on the outside corner that just dropped into the zone and it froze her. She was fooled on the pitch and froze. I told her after the game that if she can throw that pitch tip your cap and put it in the back of your mind when you face her again. Strike outs are strike outs, but if you insist on helping pitchers good pitchers will just kill you.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
It is one thing to get fooled into a backwards K and like CJ says tip your hat to the pitcher. The problem is when they fail to expand their zone. Even if the pitch is 2 balls out, you can still hit it and you better be attacking.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I wonder how many games have been lost by coaches who live by that adage?

That is the mantra for most any college coach, so most of the losses and the wins fall into that category. Aside from Pitchers and catchers, very few players see the clay if they cannot hit well or at least better than the other players sitting the bench. Of course if there is no real competition for positions then all bets are off.

Sep 29, 2014
That is the mantra for most any college coach, so most of the losses and the wins fall into that category. Aside from Pitchers and catchers, very few players see the clay if they cannot hit well or at least better than the other players sitting the bench. Of course if there is no real competition for positions then all bets are off.

That's the thing you can completely shut down the other team with defense but if you can't score a run you will still be out their playing because you have to score a run to win the game!

You would think that girls who are just getting in on defense would work harder at becoming a better hitter. The girl we were talking about Harris for FSU hit 19 HRs her senior year in HS and her first collegiate hit was a HR so it's not like she can't hit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1