Friday check in! 8/21

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
DD MS 8th grade practice tonight and tomorrow. First game is next Wednesday. They only let pitchers go 4 inning per game, so she'll also catch - for the first time since 8U rec ball. I told her this would be her last chance if she continues pitching. She knows she can't do both.

Then Sunday is her first TB practice (same org/team, but up to 14U) since Nationals a few weeks back. They want money at the parent meeting.

Sep 18, 2011
First team meeting on Sunday for DD's new team. We have reached the 18U portion of her softball journey. I believe that DD is the 8th D1 commit on the roster, and another is expected to commit within the next two weeks. The team should be very good.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD will be attending a local Aaron Weintraub camp on Sunday. First of the Fall err uh late summer. Fall starts in late October around here. The format is a little different as he focuses on the mental approach to the game. A coach from my college alma mater will be attending. I am thinking I should wear school colors and just blurt out some random school chants and cheers. I bet the coach would love it, right? I am sure that he needs someone like me in the stands. My DD would love it...NOT!

DD is pumped about some news we just found out. Sounds as though she will get an invite to attend the On Deck Texas Jamboree at Ronald McDonald in October. She was invited to the Tulsa Jamboree on June 3rd with one week's notice, but it fell on the last day of school. It would not have been a good idea to take her out of school on her last day of 8th grade.

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
No softball this weekend... taking a trolley from my in-laws in Sayville NY to the North Shore Wineries on Long Island for a three winerie tour then back to Sayville for dinner to celebrate their 50th anniversary!!

Oct 10, 2011
We had a good practice last night with a pretty good baseball player that likes DD but he really pushes her on the field and I don't have to catch her throws. Today she finishes week one of Austin's workout and will spend most of her time on college entra nce essays.
Best of all...I got a surprise refund check in the mail so I of course had to buy something softball related:) Picked up a new matt black Wilson Shock FX catchers helmet.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Found out yesterday that we are having our first team meeting with DD's new travel ball (Gold 18U) team on Sunday. Looking forward to meeting the parents and players that we will be spending so much time with. Since the team is based in a city 4 hours away, we will be making our first of many 8 hour round trip drives for the meeting. Might leave early and get a little school shopping in...

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Found out yesterday that we are having our first team meeting with DD's new travel ball (Gold 18U) team on Sunday. Looking forward to meeting the parents and players that we will be spending so much time with. Since the team is based in a city 4 hours away, we will be making our first of many 8 hour round trip drives for the meeting. Might leave early and get a little school shopping in...

Wow, I thought a 45 minute drive to weekday practice was bad! How do you do that in practicality? Surely you don't make that trip on weeknights, do you? Does she just get private instruction during the week and meet up with the team at tournaments? Newbie to travel here, so I don't know.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
First team meeting on Sunday for DD's new team. We have reached the 18U portion of her softball journey. I believe that DD is the 8th D1 commit on the roster, and another is expected to commit within the next two weeks. The team should be very good.

New team? Here I thought my dd would be playing yours today.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I believe sbmom19 lives in beautiful Idaho. Have you been to Idaho?

Nope. Just here in Metro Atlanta where there are more teams than you can shake a stick at, so the thought of picking a team four hours away gives me the vapors (as Scarlett O'Hara might say) a little bit. But you do what you gotta do!

ETA: I don't normally quote Scarlett O'Hara. Just trying to live up to the role of Southern Girl on this board.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00