Friday check in! 8/21

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
DD's team isn't kicking things in gear again until the last week of the month, so we're still in a mode of talking it semi-easy and just working on our own. I'm trying to get DD and an ex-teammate together for a little hitting work on Saturday, and I might talk DD into going for a short run with me. I also need to clean out my car before we head into the next phase of mostly-empty bottle collection.

Nov 18, 2013
Shipped DD off to school Tuesday and this will be first weekend without her. Son just started HS and has his first freshman football game tonight.

Jan 25, 2011
Dd has tonight off and going to a 5 seconds to summer concert in Cleveland. I'm glad my sister is taking her, all the high pitched screaming from the teenage girls is more than I could take. Saturday later, practice with just her & I. Dd had a tryout last Saturday & was offered a spot right after, much better team & org. then what she was on.

Jun 19, 2013
Tryouts finished up Wednesday night and we have picked our new home for the next year. Heading back to A ball after a year in B so there really isn't much time to rest as she prepares to face the tougher competition and hang on to what strength gains she's made this past season. Pitching and batting are on the schedule all weekend, before she has potentially one week off leading in to fall ball (I say potentially because I know one call from new coach about getting together to hit or pitch and we'll be in the car - plus between her and I I'm sure we won't make it more then 3 days without doing something :) )

Dec 19, 2012
DD started school Monday. She's had softball and training meetings, workouts, individual sessions, and has worked on her own this week. She gets to school at 5:30am and leaves around 7:30pm every day and she is having a blast. We'll see how long that lasts. Saturday she is coming home to shop with mom. I'm sure I'll have a Honey-Do list........

Merrill Danner

Relax and breathe!
Sep 26, 2012
74441 - Oklahoma
7th and 8th grade tournament tomorrow, my DD is number 2 P and plays SS. The school team is made up of girls from different 14U A,B,C teams in the area. Won state last 4 years in a row.
Go Woodall
Best part about it, I get to sit in the bleachers and be an obnoxious parent.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
First team meeting sunday night, which I have to miss for a funeral. :( DD cheers at the high schools annual football practice/ team rally tonight. Ready for some jeans and sweatshirt weather and high school foot ball.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414