Friday check in! 8/21

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Ok so who's doing what this weekend ? I'm over here at la jolla shores near San Diego ready to launch my kayak on attempts to catch a yellowtail. Then more tryouts this weekend for warriorangela.

Who's got what? Anymore new moms joining us this weekend?

Jul 3, 2013
First games of high school ball tonight and tomorrow, 4 game tourney. Also will try to get a look at a few more girls for our TB team next year. Lots of driving this weekend.

Feb 12, 2014
DD's 12U team is playing up in a 14U fall league. First games are tomorrow, so I'm interested to see how they will fare. Several new players on the team which will be interesting to see as well. DS got his hand stepped on at recess yesterday playing tag. In my expert opinion, it looks like at least one finger is broken. If so, it will put an end to his fall ball season before the first game. X-rays after school today. Hate it for the little guy.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Our HS team is hosting a JV tournament as a fundraiser this weekend, so all of the players, and some of the parents (me) were volunteered to work....

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
On my own recognizance this weekend but too tired from summer ball to get into any mischief. Thankful for this short respite but I am starting to look forward to Fall Ball and cooler autumn days.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Fall Ball rec practice on Sunday. Still waiting on our new TB coach to release practice times and tournament plans. I hate having to hold my entire fall weekend schedule open waiting on info. Oh well. I'm heading up to WV for a week for a work project. Curious to see how DH will do with the kids and household without me for a week (I never travel for work). He's already bringing in my MIL (who's bringing a friend with her). So, it's going to take three people to handle what I usually do by myself. Should be interesting!

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
If the rain stops, we will hit the fields to practice a little. No playing in sight as we still have not had our first team meeting BUT they do have their first practice Wednesday...I'm guessing first tournament will be 2nd or 3rd weekend in September...hopefully we will get a round robin/scrimmage in before that.

Oh and school starts Monday. Lots of organizing/cleaning this weekend too!

And HS ball doesn't start until February here...with district play starting in latter part of Feb.

Oct 13, 2014
Metro ATL
Cages tonight, make-up practice tomorrow morning (we've been rained out so far this week for regular practice), and the the MS double header on Sunday. First HS football game is Saturday night....always a good time!

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
Just finished tryouts Monday...3 really great pickups!

Had our parent\team meeting last night...

First practice Saturday morning! First tournament in 4 weeks...Let's get this thing rolling again!

Doing the brakes on both cars Sunday...far less exciting than softball:(

CP

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Field day at the high school tomorrow to get the fields ready for the 5 week fall friendly league that our high school is putting on for a fundraiser. Then Sunday we will be making the first (of many) 8 hour round trip drive to DD's new TB team meeting. What we do for our DD and this game...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00