fall sports

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2011
We make allowances for those kids, particularly my first baseman, who is taller than a house and hits like you won't believe. For some reason, and she brags about it which irritates all of us, she does well without a lot of practice...

PS, Our Bball post season only overlaps tryouts and the first week of practice.

We make allowances for those girls as well. It just has been my DD choice to not miss any softball practice time at all , so she doesn't do basketball

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
DD #3's PC suggests that she play basketball, so the softball will look a lot smaller in comparison. Tommy John suggests basketball as a way to let the pitching arm heal in the winter. But then, Tommy John was tall and from a small town in Indiana, which is crazy about basketball.

My kids' HS is really weird. The boys' basketball team has been consistently one of the best in the state for over a decade. Girls' basketball has been a bit of a basket case. To give you an idea how bad the team is: DD #1 played basketball for her middle school team. It was her 4th best sport, and she is good at 2 sports (SB and track). She ONCE scored a basket in a game! 2 points in 2 years of playing. Still, the basketball coach at the HS sent her an email asking her to play for their freshman team. She didn't.

Oct 10, 2011
swings

My 6'2" 14 year old freshman daughter has given up volleyball and basketball to solely focus on softball. We don't play until the spring however all the conditioning classes, hitting and pitching take all her time. Not to mention the homework. She has recently doubled the amount of swings she takes daily to just about 300. 15 minutes here and there to make sure all 300 are with 100% effort.
300 a day? Wow!

Apr 1, 2010
We're a fall softball state, so DD is playing HS softball now. :-D I do think fall is the best season for HS softball in the midwest--at least when it comes to weather.

Jun 11, 2012
DD tried out for the HS soccer team, we won't find out placement until tomorrow or Wed but she's been invited to play in the Varsity scrimmage today. There were only 4 freshmen asked to play so we're hoping she makes that team. There's also a freshman and a JV team so she'll be on one of them. She's one hell of a soccer player even though she hasn't really played in 2 years because of club softball, but this year most of her team is doing fall HS sports

Apr 11, 2012
We're a fall softball state, so DD is playing HS softball now. :-D I do think fall is the best season for HS softball in the midwest--at least when it comes to weather.

agreed....in the last 3 years the only issue weather wise in Missouri (KCMO) is the heat, like yesterday and today...100 degrees is tough at 4:00pm, so they just move them to night games when you can. We did have a rained tournament last year in Lincoln, NE (Nebraska plays in the fall too)...

Jun 18, 2012
Utah

I really envy those who have HS softball in the fall!!! It's so darned cold and windy, often wet, in the spring. In fact, the players often spend a day early in the season removing remaining winter snow just to help get the fields drying out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi