fall sports

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
My DD Is playing softball along with archery and crossfit this fall. Pretty intense.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My dd is playing volleyball, season has not started yet. So the team is practicing and doing scrimmages. She is also doing verta-max training with the basketball team.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
My oldest is going to be a freshman this year, so this is our first trip through this. She tried out and made the JV volleyball team, although she'd never played competitive/formal volleyball in her life. So she's spent all summer at her HS already. I'm happy that she found a sport that she chose; I could tell that the year-round grind of softball was getting to her.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Spring softball in Indiana is horrible. Every other game is rained out or there is frost on the ground... Girls have to wear hoodies and jackets over their jerseys just to be out there and their hands are nearly frostbitten. Really stupid IMO.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I agree - the weather is terrible in southeastern Idaho in the spring. But the big schools over in the west side of our state would never give up their advantage...

Hey, dantay17, I'm from southeastern Idaho--use to be a potato farmer west of St. Anthony. Fall is definitely better than spring in southeastern Idaho just like here in northern Utah.

May 8, 2012
NJ
DD getting ready ready for her 1st season of hs field hockey. Kinda excited to see her play for her hs. This will be a nice break from all the softball, though still working with her travel sb team. At least for a few months, the focus can change a little.

Jan 28, 2011
Bucket
My 6'2" 14 year old freshman daughter has given up volleyball and basketball to solely focus on softball. We don't play until the spring however all the conditioning classes, hitting and pitching take all her time. Not to mention the homework. She has recently doubled the amount of swings she takes daily to just about 300. 15 minutes here and there to make sure all 300 are with 100% effort.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
My dd is a senior and plays volleyball in HS only. It is great conditioning and she has a lot of fun doing it.
They are only in HS once, playing a fall sport when SB is a spring sport is good for them. They are kids after all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00