Exposure pitching etiquette

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Yeah, because I want to pay to go to a $800-2000+ tournament, pay for hotel and food, do all the work to get coaches out to our games all so my DD can look stupid and be hit all over the place so someone else's kid on a team I don't even know can look good.

That is really dumb advice.

Mar 26, 2013
One of the pitching coaches of one of our pitchers told her in an exposure tourney, she should only throw fastballs over the plate and not try to get fancy. He said college coaches want to see speed from the pitchers and lots of hits from the batters.
I hope that is misunderstanding and/or poor retelling of what was said. The pitching advice would only be appropriate for a pitcher that relies solely on speed and struggles to throw strikes. College coaches do not want to see a walkfest.

Jan 24, 2013
Bolingbrook, IL
Thanks for the info. I knew I would get sane answers from this crowd.

Just starting this whole thing. DD doesn't even know if she wants to play in college but I want her to look her best either way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
One of the pitching coaches of one of our pitchers told her in an exposure tourney, she should only throw fastballs over the plate and not try to get fancy. He said college coaches want to see speed from the pitchers and lots of hits from the batters.

I would NEVER tell my DD to throw meatballs because the college coaches want to see batters hit....not even in batting practice! Someone needs a new pitching coach pronto!

May 23, 2015
I scouted pitchers for a high budget semi pro baseball team. Radars are bush league. I want to see a pitcher get outs. Period. Any scout worth a flip can tell you how fast a pitcher it throwing by watching them.

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I scouted pitchers for a high budget semi pro baseball team. Radars are bush league. I want to see a pitcher get outs. Period. Any scout worth a flip can tell you how fast a pitcher it throwing by watching them.

Waiting for the pic of Grandpa Radar Gun to make an appearance in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6.........

ETA - The wait is over, see Post #21

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06