End Cap coming off CF6

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2011
Central Iowa
As long as she has a good back-up bat, one she's very comfortable with, then I agree with Core. As long as there's no cracking, and the end cap is still seated firmly, you've probably got quite a bit of life left in the bat. The problem is, when they do finally break, its never at a very opportune time. Last thing you want to be doing during bracket play on Sunday is driving all over whatever city you happen to be playing in, looking to pay full retail for a replacement (if you're lucky enough to find one).

Aug 31, 2014
IL
Ok, maybe I'm too easily influenced. I'll tap it back in tonight and pick up a second bat (and a few more to keep all mods happy :) ). Based watching her swing the bat it looks to be fine other than the cap sticking up a touch.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Ok, maybe I'm too easily influenced. I'll tap it back in tonight and pick up a second bat (and a few more to keep all mods happy :) ). Based watching her swing the bat it looks to be fine other than the cap sticking up a touch.

You will be fine then. Many endcaps will separate or whatnot. With the beating they take, it happens.
Most people like a second bat only as a precaution for things that may happen.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I'm assuming this is a common thread. Looking for advice. End cap coming off a bit on one side of daughter's CF6, probably pushed out about an eighth to a quarter of an inch. Still under warranty (bought in Sep). Issue is giving it up for a few weeks for warranty repair.

Can I just hammer it back down or is that just a terrible idea?

Do not hammer directly on the end cap. Place the end cap on a block of wood and hammer gently on the handle end that is also covered with a block of wood. This should force the end cap back down and allow you to continue to use the bat without using your one time warranty replacement. It will also do it without marring the bat and possibly voiding your warranty.

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
A little separation will not affect the performance of the bat. Don't waste the warranty claim on it. Like Core said, unless the Umps will not allow it to be used. Take the rubber mallet to it, or pop it on the garage floor and you are good to go if worried about it.

Feb 21, 2013
Had the exact same issue with DD's CF6. We had an ump take it out of play. Literally just one very small spot where it had raised maybe 1/4. We were also only about 3 weeks from warranty being over. Overnighted it back to them. They repaired rather than replace. Got it back 2 weeks later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi